Visio 2010 past-in a picture

Questions about Wine on Linux
Opako
Level 3
Level 3

Visio 2010 past-in a picture

Post by Opako »

Hello,

When I try to past-in a picture from the clipboard into Visio 2010, that I have catched with "xfce4-screenshooter", then I get this error:
Error (925) during the pasting process. Visio cannot retrieve the device independent bitmap data from the clipboard.
Is there something I could do?

(It's not a problem, when I do the same in MS Word or MS Excel.)

Thank you.
sibare
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Visio 2010 past-in a picture

Post by sibare »

No answer to this?
fargodwe

Post by fargodwe »

I tried to read a little on xfce4-screenshooter but couldn't find a lot on what I was looking for. I was trying to find what graphics type it uses, and the only post I could find indicated PNG format. Does Visio 2010 support pasting a PNG image?
fargodwe

Post by fargodwe »

You might trying pasting your clipboard into something like gimp, exporting as jpeg, then pasting the jpeg in to see if it works.

BTW - i don't know visio, but looking online it says to import - doesn't say anything about pasting. Were you able to paste from clipboard into visio in Windows?
sibare
Level 2
Level 2

Post by sibare »

Thank you for asking.
You might trying pasting your clipboard into something like gimp, exporting as jpeg, then pasting the jpeg in to see if it works."
I have made a jpeg and PNG with the export function of Gimp. So this files were now on my HD.
After I have opened Visio. Then I have taken the Visio function "Insert graphic from file". This way I was able to insert the jpeg and also the PNG.
But this is not a user friendly method.
You might trying pasting your clipboard into something like gimp, exporting as jpeg, then pasting the jpeg in to see if it works."
I have made a jpeg with the export function of Gimp. So this files were now on my HD.
After I have copied the picture from the jpeg, which is still in Gimp into the clipboard with Ctrl+C.
In Visio I have tried to past it in with Ctrl+V.
-> Result:
Error (925) during the pasting process. Visio cannot retrieve the device independent bitmap data from the clipboard.
BTW - i don't know visio, but looking online it says to import - doesn't say anything about pasting. Were you able to paste from clipboard into visio in Windows?
Yes, this works great like with other Microsoft Office programs too.
fargodwe

Post by fargodwe »

So this worked fine in actual Windows? From what I read online it sounded like it wouldn't. While I don't know anything about Visio, the net did seem to indicate you have to insert an image, not paste it. It sounded like you can paste in drawing files only. So, if it did work in actual Windows then someone who knows more than me will need to help. Sorry I can't help you further.
sibare
Level 2
Level 2

Post by sibare »

Tested with Windows 7.