Getting DNGuard Runtime library not loaded! while trying to install an application.

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
shreyyash

Getting DNGuard Runtime library not loaded! while trying to install an application.

Post by shreyyash »

Hi,
I have never used Wine before so please go easy on me.

There were some errors that I was encountering but after a lot of forum scraping I was able to resolve all of them except this one.

System.Exception: Error, DNGuard Runtime library not loaded!

If anyone has ever experinced this before please let me know what I can do to resolve this.

Code: Select all

[root@localhost Spinner Chief 6]# wine64 SpinnerChief\ 6.exe 

Unhandled Exception:
System.Exception: Error, DNGuard Runtime library not loaded!
  at SpinnerChief.Program.0 (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <5202c12f690a4de9986fb9ee9d26296e>:0 
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.Exception: Error, DNGuard Runtime library not loaded!
  at SpinnerChief.Program.0 (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <5202c12f690a4de9986fb9ee9d26296e>:0 
spoon0042
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Getting DNGuard Runtime library not loaded! while trying to install an application.

Post by spoon0042 »

First thing to check is that you're running an up-to-date version of wine. Stable is 5.0.2, devel/staging are 5.19.

Though that may end up not mattering. It appears that DNGuard is some dotnet obfuscator so chances are that it will only work with native dotnet if at all. You'll want winetricks for that.

And finally it's best avoiding running wine as root: https://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#Should_I_ru ... as_root.3F