Program not found in system32

Questions about Wine on Linux
psb

Program not found in system32

Post by psb »

I am using wine-5.0 to run win10 on Linux.

- I have an application copied over in system32 ( /root/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/)
- when i run this from system32 it does not return anything. When using WINEDEBUG it shows that it could not find the file in system32 (the file is there)
- If i copy the same file in any other location (say just directory up). The program runs fine and returns the OP.
- what could i be doing wrong here? Thanks in advance. ( I do need to have the programs in system32 as that is the standard path)

[root@mymachine system32]# WINEDEBUG=err+all wine /root/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/myprogram.exe --ver
0009:err:module:__wine_process_init L"C:\\windows\\system32\\myprogram.exe" not found

[root@mymachine system32]# cp /root/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/myprogram.exe /root/.wine/drive_c/windows/

[root@mymachine system32]# WINEDEBUG=err+all wine /root/.wine/drive_c/windows/myprogram.exe --ver
0009:fixme:kernelbase:AppPolicyGetProcessTerminationMethod FFFFFFFA, 0032FEAC
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Program not found in system32

Post by jkfloris »

Why do you run Wine as root?

Do the built-in Wine programs work?

Code: Select all

wine /root/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/winemine.exe
Does the program work without the full path?

Code: Select all

wine myprogram.exe --ver
psb

Re: Program not found in system32

Post by psb »

This script is to be used by multiple people and dont want everyone to set wine separately. Plus there are some access issues. Running as root is a requirement.

winemine seem to work. So cannot find issue.(I have not setup the display, so ignore)
[root@mymachine ~]# WINEDEBUG=err+all wine /root/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/winemine.exe
0147:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
0147:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

It does not work without full path too.

Root as is should not have any issue as it can run fine if i use any other location except for system32.