Yousician installer creates a folder with permissions 000 and then can not access it.

Questions about Wine on Linux
Barafu Albino

Yousician installer creates a folder with permissions 000 and then can not access it.

Post by Barafu Albino »

I am trying to install a game called Yousician. (It is Unity based). The problem is in the installer itself. It seems it is supposed to unpack everything into temp folder. So it creates the folder with random name in Temp. But for some reason the permissions on the folder are 000, and installer immediately fails with "fopen: permission denied". Fixing the permissions manually does not help because on the next run it creates another random folder.

My machine: Manjaro, wine 5.16. Also tried in Lutris, Wine 5.7 - same result.

I've tried togggling Wibdows version, installing .Net 4.5 and VC redist - no effect.

The application can be freely downloaded here: https://public.yousician.com/Builds/YousicianSetup.exe

Any ideas, please?
uhbif19

Re: Yousician installer creates a folder with permissions 000 and then can not access it.

Post by uhbif19 »

Have the same problem.

Tried to install app in VirtualBox and then move it to wine folder. It did not work - Launcher still fails on temp forder creation.
Barafu Albino

Re: Yousician installer creates a folder with permissions 000 and then can not access it.

Post by Barafu Albino »

Still here. Wine 6.0.
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by jkfloris »

Know bug, you can try to use this workaround.
(Make sure you make the ntfs.file bigger, 500mb isn't enough for Wine. Replace for example count=500 with count=5000)