Level 3

ctfmon.exe

Post by Opako »

In winecfg librarian tab I have this in the list:

Code: Select all

*ctfmon.exe (Bultin)
When I then start the windows Program, I get this in the terminal output:

0060:fixme:reg:RegQueryInfoKeyW security argument not supported.
0063:err:module:__wine_process_init L"C:\\windows\\system32\\ctfmon.exe" not found
0060:fixme:mscoree:get_runtime_info unsupported runtimeinfo flags 50
Questions:
I have looked for ctfmon.exe in my prefix. And it is true, it is not there.

But my expectation was, that ctfmon.exe is not needed in system32, because of the entry

*ctfmon.exe (Bultin)
(see above).
Doesn't this mean, that wine should not use the "ctfmon.exe" from system32, but the builtin from wine itself? And if yes, then it should not do matter if "ctfmon.exe" is in system32 or not.

But this seems not to work. (?)
I am confused.
qwertymnb
Level 4
Level 4

Re: ctfmon.exe

Post by qwertymnb »

Hi,

There is nu such thing as ctfmon.exe in wine. So just remove the entry completely from your winecfg tab (*ctfmon.exe (Bultin))

It doesn`t make sense to set an exe or dll, that wine doesn`t provide, to builtin....

Regards
Opako
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Opako »

Thank you.

I have deleted this line in winecfg tab (*ctfmon.exe (Bultin)) now.

But nevertheless I get the same error:

0060:fixme:reg:RegQueryInfoKeyW security argument not supported.
0063:err:module:__wine_process_init L"C:\\windows\\system32\\ctfmon.exe" not found
0060:fixme:mscoree:get_runtime_info unsupported runtimeinfo flags 50
qwertymnb
Level 4
Level 4

Post by qwertymnb »

I think that ctfmon.exe should be provided by the program you`re trying to run. What program is it? Could you try see if it`s somewhere in your ~/.wine/drive_c ? (like 'cd ~/.wine/drive_c' and ' find . -name "ctfmen.exe" ')
Opako
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Opako »

qwertymnb wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:49 pm What program is it? Could you try see if it`s somewhere in your ~/.wine/drive_c ?
It's Visio 2010.

qwertymnb wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:49 pm Could you try see if it`s somewhere in your ~/.wine/drive_c ? (like 'cd ~/.wine/drive_c' and ' find . -name "ctfmen.exe" ')
It's not in my prefix. I have not found it anywhere.
Strange.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

Opako wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:48 am
qwertymnb wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:49 pm What program is it? Could you try see if it`s somewhere in your ~/.wine/drive_c ?
It's Visio 2010.

qwertymnb wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:49 pm Could you try see if it`s somewhere in your ~/.wine/drive_c ? (like 'cd ~/.wine/drive_c' and ' find . -name "ctfmen.exe" ')
It's not in my prefix. I have not found it anywhere.
Strange.
Apart from the fact you are searching for the wrong executable name there... :lol:
ctfmon.exe is a Windows builtin - see: Wikipedia: Text Services Framework - and is not currently supported as a Wine builtin.

Bob
Opako
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Opako »

Thank you Bob.

So are you trying to say, that ...

... is a normal error that everybody has, who want to run Visio 2010 in Wine and can not be fixed?
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

Opako wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:31 pm Thank you Bob.

So are you trying to say, that ...

... is a normal error that everybody has, who want to run Visio 2010 in Wine and can not be fixed?
Taking a look at: WineHQ AppDB: Microsoft Visio / 2010.
You could try:

winetricks msctf vcrun2008
As the winetricks verb: msctf ; is for MS Text Service Module (Microsoft, 2003).

Bob
Opako
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Opako »

Thank you.

But I had already installed this winetricks. Even vcrun2010. Did not help relating to ctfmon.exe issue.

(Belonging to "winetricks msctf"
I was not able to notice any benefit when msctfis installed. Visio 2010 works the same.)

On the contrary. Suddenly, printing no longer worked properly. The text on the printout was marked in black. So the text could no longer be read. (It is attached, how exactly the printout looked like.) In the print preview, the text was not marked black, but on the printout. I did not have that before. So I switched back to the original prefix version. And now I can read the text on the printout again.
Attachments
Visio-Mit_Einschub_und_ohne_Einschub.vsd_nerated_files-job_110.pdf.zip
(5.63 KiB) Downloaded 80 times