UseTakeFocus - Mac driver equivalent?

Questions about Wine on macOS.
CartoonChess

UseTakeFocus - Mac driver equivalent?

Post by CartoonChess »

Hello, fairly new user here.

I’ve seen several posts elsewhere online documenting a fix for an issue where certain keyboard input fails after the user focuses on a different application and then returns focus to the Wine program. In particular, full screen games will stop responding to WASD keys.

I have found that clicking on the application window directly (as opposed to the application’s dock icon, or using cmd-tab) to return focus will also solve the keyboard issue sometimes, and repeating this process will usually solve the problem after a few tries.

The recommended fix is to disable UseTakeFocus in the registry for the X11 driver. However, I’m curious if there’s any equivalent option for the Mac driver, or else, any other solution which doesn’t require XQuartz.

System: macOS 10.15.6
Wine: 4.12.1
Application: Testing with Among Us, although others report this being an issue specifically with Unity-based games

Thank you.
madewokherd
Level 4
Level 4

Re: UseTakeFocus - Mac driver equivalent?

Post by madewokherd »

Looking at macdrv_main.c, I don't see anything that looks relevant.

Based on my very limited knowledge of this, commenting the call to macdrv_window_rejected_focus in macdrv_window_got_focus might do something vaguely similar?
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

Going off a similar open ticket for CrossOver-20 it’s a no. Unity based games are just clusters see Magic The Gathering Area running via wine....

As your running macOS Catalina and wine-crossover you really won’t get much help on Winehq
CartoonChess

Post by CartoonChess »

madewokherd wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:30 pm Looking at macdrv_main.c, I don't see anything that looks relevant.

Based on my very limited knowledge of this, commenting the call to macdrv_window_rejected_focus in macdrv_window_got_focus might do something vaguely similar?
Thanks for pointing me toward the driver source and poking around! I'll fiddle around with what you've found.
Gcenx wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:25 pm Going off a similar open ticket for CrossOver-20 it’s a no. Unity based games are just clusters see Magic The Gathering Area running via wine....

As your running macOS Catalina and wine-crossover you really won’t get much help on Winehq
Thanks for this. I'll likely settle with the workaround for now then. By the way, your repos on Github have been a huge help!