Scrivener activation

Questions about Wine on Linux
MariDantas
Level 1
Level 1

Scrivener activation

Post by MariDantas »

Hello, guys. I'm new here. I really hope that someone can help me solving this, because I don't know what to do.

I'm having an issue activating Scrivener. I've already tried installing the most recent .NET version, which currently is 4.8, but it keeps showing the message that I should install .NET 4.6.2 or higher, as if it was not installed. I'm gonna show some screenshots here, hopefully someone will figure out what to do.

Here's the message that Scrivener shows me:
scrivener issue.png
Here's a screenshot of winetricks, showing both .NET 4.0 and .NET 4.8 installed:
wine prefix.png
When I installed .NET, I clicked straight on the option to install .NET 4.8, and winetricks installed .NET 4.0 and then .NET 4.8 right away. I tried installing several previous versions of .NET before installing .NET 4.8, to avoid missing dependencies, but it still didn't work.

Here's the wine uninstaller that I run using the terminal, showing only .NET 4.8 installed:
wine uninstaller.png
When I try to install Scrivener, playonlinux always asks me to install wine-mono because it's necessary to run .NET applications. But I saw somewhere that wine-mono was having a conflict with this new activation system, so I removed. I also had wine-gecko and removed, in case that was the case of the conflict. But well, with or without both of them, the error is always the same.

Anyway, this is it. I really hope you can help me, I'm so desperate
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Scrivener activation

Post by jkfloris »

Strange. Your last screenshot only shows that .Net is installed and not Scrivener.
Did you install Scrivener in the same Wineprefix?

I don't have a serial code, so I can't test it completely, but it seems that Scrivener 1.9.16 seems to work with Wine 5.16 and Wine Mono 5.1
MariDantas
Level 1
Level 1

Post by MariDantas »

Hm, I think I didn't. Maybe that's why it's not working?

There are many things I don't know about wine, so I get lost pretty often. I installed Scrivener with playonlinux, so the software created a virtual driver for Scrivener on $HOME/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Scrivener. When I installed .NET I used the default prefix defined by winetricks, which is $HOME/.wine, so .NET is installed on $HOME/.wine/drive_c/ProgramFiles(x86)/Microsoft.NET

Well, I'll try installing it on the same prefix, let's see what happens. And I'll test this wine version as well.
MariDantas
Level 1
Level 1

Post by MariDantas »

So, I've been trying to install .NET 4.7.1 first, before proceeding to other versions (because I noticed that playonlinux installed several versions of .NET, until version 4.0, by default, when I installed Scrivener), and it's been on the same screen for a while. Is it normal?
playonlinux screen.png
I don't know if I should stop the processing and start again. I don't know what's going on, because playonlinux doesn't show me all the process of instalation. Maybe it could be blocked somehow, but it's hard to know.

Well, playonlinux is giving me a hard time. Do you think it would be easier to try installing it only with wine?
MariDantas
Level 1
Level 1

Post by MariDantas »

Okay, I'm trying to run the scrivener installer with wine, without using playonlinux, and all I get is this:
grey screen.png
MariDantas
Level 1
Level 1

Post by MariDantas »

Okay, for some reason I managed to solve the issue. I reinstalled wine and installed Scrivener first, and then I installed .NET