Game keeps crashing - "Unhandled exception: page fault on read access"

Questions about Wine on macOS.
Pyrocos

Game keeps crashing - "Unhandled exception: page fault on read access"

Post by Pyrocos »

Hi,

First of I'm real new to Wine and MacOS both.
I try to run Pokemon Infinite Fusion on my Macbook (10.14.6). I installed WINE stable 5.0. Then I downloaded the game unpacked it and moved it into the .wine directory programmfiles. An installation is not needed for Pokemon Infinite Fusion.

To start the game I right-click the .exe ->open with WINE stable.
So far, so good, but the game keeps crashing every few minutes. In my very first session I could play 30-40min without any kind of problem. But now it keeps crashing every few minutes. This might happen during a fight, or just while casually walking around, so I don't think its a problem with graphics or something.

The error note says "The application game.exe had a grave error and needed to be shut down." (translated from german). I could link a picture of the error but it is german, unfortunately.
Error-Details say. "Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x100003b00 in 32-bit code"

Strange thing is I am pretty sure I specifically installed the 64-bit Wine.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Do I need some other application or driver maybe? Is it possible there is a problem in communication between the german OS and the english game?

I'm really helpless here, so if anyone could provide any kind of insight into what might be the problem, I would be very, very grateful!

Thank you very much in advance!