CONGRATULATIONS on ver 5.0.1!

Questions about Wine on Linux
kirbo719

CONGRATULATIONS on ver 5.0.1!

Post by kirbo719 »

A note of congratulations to the developers of Wine v5.0.1!

It's 7-24-20, and I'm finally having time to upgrade to Xubuntu 20.04LTS (on a Dell XPS15-9570 with 16gb RAM and a 512gb M.2 SSD).

I am a broadcaster and professional podcast producer. I've been using Ubuntu and/or its variants since ver. 14.x. The first thing I install after the OS is the latest stable version of Wine so I can use my go-to audio editing software Adobe Audition v1.5 and Audition v3.01, which are Windows applications.

Heretofore, installing Wine was similar to installing SAMBA. I dreaded the experience with the understanding that the process could take 20 minutes. . . or three weeks. . . depending.

This time out, I installed Wine from the latest stable release (from WineHQ - NOT from the Ubuntu Software Store). I then started the process of installing Audition. Wine presented, and talked me through the installation of Mono, followed by Gecko, and then the Audition SETUP.EXE presented.

The installation went flawlessly. This is SO COOL so see applications get installed, then to witness them work without any grumbling or issues.

Thank you sincerely!

Bob Kirby
Myrtle Beach, SC USA