Running Dragon Nest on Wine

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
grameswan

Running Dragon Nest on Wine

Post by grameswan »

I have successfully downloaded and ran the launcher from the website. It downloads all the files to..

/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/EYEDENTITY GAMES/Dragon Nest

Then the play button doesn't function on the initial installer. I then tried to use Wine to open dnlauncher.exe or Dragonnest.exe(either one to begin an update or play) in the directory but nothing happens, it just hangs.

I run winedbg and the only difference in terminal output is they both add this line...

WineDbg starting on pid 0029
wine: Call from 0x7bc90031 to unimplemented function dbghelp.dll.SymGetSearchPathW, aborting
winedbg: Internal crash at 0x7bc90031

I have followed most of the instructions from their forum(if posting links aren't allowed, I apologize. I just want a point a reference for anyone attempting to help me.) http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/sea-f ... using-wine
There is very little said on anything about this game so I would appreciate any and all help. I have been adding all kinds of window dll files to see if it changes anything to no avail. :?: :?: :?:
grameswan

Re: Running Dragon Nest on Wine

Post by grameswan »

grameswan wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:37 pm I have successfully downloaded and ran the launcher from the website. It downloads all the files to..

/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/EYEDENTITY GAMES/Dragon Nest

Then the play button doesn't function on the initial installer. I then tried to use Wine to open dnlauncher.exe or Dragonnest.exe(either one to begin an update or play) in the directory but nothing happens, it just hangs.

I run winedbg and the only difference in terminal output is they both add this line...

WineDbg starting on pid 0029
wine: Call from 0x7bc90031 to unimplemented function dbghelp.dll.SymGetSearchPathW, aborting
winedbg: Internal crash at 0x7bc90031

I have followed most of the instructions from their forum(if posting links aren't allowed, I apologize. I just want a point a reference for anyone attempting to help me.) http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/sea-f ... using-wine
There is very little said on anything about this game so I would appreciate any and all help. I have been adding all kinds of window dll files to see if it changes anything to no avail. :?: :?: :?:
anyone...???
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Running Dragon Nest on Wine

Post by jkfloris »

I have followed most of the instructions from their forum
The instructions on their forum are for a very old Wine version. Please retest with Wine 5.x and without any winetricks.
I then tried to use Wine to open dnlauncher.exe or Dragonnest.exe(either one to begin an update or play) in the directory but nothing happens, it just hangs.
Can you post a terminal output when you run one of these programs?