Subwindows won't return inside the main window

Questions about Wine on Linux
hslagter

Subwindows won't return inside the main window

Post by hslagter »

I am using an application with several sub-windows ordered by the main window. If I drag a window it is not any more in the Main window. Inside Windows I can drag and drop it back to place with the other windows. In winehq version xx to 5.0 this is my problem. I tried it in Mint and Fedora. I 'm using admiralmarkets5setup.exe. How I can solve this in this (wonderful) winehq?
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Subwindows won't return inside the main window

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Is that a free program we could try?
hslagter

Post by hslagter »

Yes it is free, they want an e-mail adres for downloading. If you like I can sent you the file. https://admiralmarkets.com/nl/trading-s ... tatrader-5. There are sub you can get from the menu 'view'. One is called toolbox, but also other windows have the same problem.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Thank you, I opened a bugreport for you: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=48810

As a workaround, open winecfg.exe, navigate to the "Graphics" tab and uncheck "Allow the windows manager to decorate the windows".
hslagter

Post by hslagter »

Thanks for your effort, I'm going to try the workaround en I follow this thread.
hslagter

Post by hslagter »

I tried the app with an unchecked option. After deleting and reïnstalling it works perfect! I'm very happy with your advice. Thanks.