age of empires-voobly error

Questions about Wine on macOS.
icd guy
Level 1
Level 1

age of empires-voobly error

Post by icd guy »

Hey guys !

I'm new at from and wine. I used 5.0-rc6 wine version I did everything correctly(iso cd setup, voobly setup, directx etc.) but I can't load multiplayer game at voobly, I can load record game and watch but I can't play multiplayer. I have the same error like JT's at this link:

https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=29384

The Program AGE2_X1.ICD has encountered a serious problem and needs to close.

PE 400000- 7a4000 Export age2_x1.icd

any solutions ??

Thanks !
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: age of empires-voobly error

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Did you try wine-staging?
icd guy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by icd guy »

DarkShadow44 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:13 am Did you try wine-staging?
Hi, I'm using mac 10.8.5 what's is this I google it but I can't unerstand how ıt works :S ?
icd guy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by icd guy »

Hi again, I used wine staging 5.0 and It's still the same error.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

icd guy wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:23 pm
Try using Wine Staging 5.1
icd guy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by icd guy »

Gcenx wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:28 pm
icd guy wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:23 pm
Try using Wine Staging 5.1
I found .pkg or .dmg file for 5.0 but I don't know how can I download 5.1 without .pkg file
icd guy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by icd guy »

I tried it with 5.1 staging and still the same.
icd guy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by icd guy »

Finally ! I solved icd error ! I used wine 5.1 staging with play on mac 2. You need to install play on mac 2 app then click settings go to click the wine button then click setup wine make sure selected windows 10 then you will see general settings button which is left side of ''wine'' button click this and make sure to select wine 5.1 staging or higher. well, go to wine button again and click control panel click program add/remove icon then click installl from cd rom button (install) If you have .iso file you can use this or use your cd rom. Make ''clean'' setup for age of empires and the conquerors then make the same again for voobly.exe program (you can download client from voobly.com) wine---control panel----program add/remove icon-----click install-----voobly.exe(setup voobly)

all done ! voobly will find true dll files or patches for you, voobly will make restart 2-3 times, follow the voobly's instructions then restart voobly again and restart the windows on play on mac 2 (setting----wine button----restart windows)

you can test with 1 player go host on voobly then start the game If you will see brown screen you done it ! You able to play multiplayer or watching recording game on voobly.

Probably you can get this error:

1. dpwsockx.dll or dplayx.dll not founded: You need to ''clean'' setup and make sure voobly found the age2_x1.exe in the ''true'' setup folder location (c:programfiles/microsofrt games/age of empires II/age2_x1)

2. you can get age2_x1.icd serious error If you do ''clean'' setup with cd rom or .iso file, you will solve it. You need to use program add/remove icon on play on mac 2 If you do that manually, maybe regedit files won't fixed so you get the icd error again.

If you have different problem or you can't solved, so join the forum and hit this topic up !

I'm ready !

Thanks !