dotnet 462

Questions about Wine on Linux
Fade

dotnet 462

Post by Fade »

Alright so Ive been googling around for hours. I am trying to install Escape From Tarkov. When i try to execute the launcher i get this:

Code: Select all

$ wine ~/.wine/drive_c/battlestate\ Games/BsgLauncher/BsgLauncher.exe
002b:fixme:mscoree:parse_supported_runtime sku=L".NETFramework,Version=v4.6.2" not implemented
002b:fixme:mscoree:parse_supported_runtime sku=L".NETFramework,Version=v4.6.2" not implemented
The entry point method could not be loaded due to Could not load file or assembly 'PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies.
Alright so ive tried installing the .net Framework via winetricks. It shoots me another message saying it cannot install the 32bit software in a 64bit system or w.e
So i created a new prefix and made it 32bit. The problem now is that Escape From Tarkov is a 64bit download so i cant install the game on the new prefix. I also have no idea how to install the framework onto the default 64bit prefix. I have tried manually downloading the framework from microsofts webpage but that didnt work either.

So does anyone have any idea how to do this. I've literally been looking around for like 5 hours.
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: dotnet 462

Post by jkfloris »

You should be able to install .Net 4.6.2 in a 64bit wineprefix.
Make sure you use the latest winetricks version

Code: Select all

sudo winetricks --self-update
winetricks -q dotnet462
Fade

Re: dotnet 462

Post by Fade »

My man! Thank you so much. I tried updating winetricks with some other instructions i found i believe on the winetricks page but it just popped back saying i had the latest version installed for some reason. That one actually updated it and now i got it running!