GedStar Pro

Questions about Wine on Linux
fargodwe

Re: GedStar Pro

Post by fargodwe »

I wonder if this dll that didn't install is part of the problem. This is from the tail end of a winetricks session where I installed jet40

Code: Select all

Executing cd /home/dave
Executing cd /home/dave/.cache/winetricks/jet40
Executing wine jet40sp8_9xnt.exe
0037:fixme:setupapi:extract_cabinet_file awful hack: extracting cabinet "Y:\\msdownld.tmp\\IXP001.TMP\\Jetsetup.CAB"
0037:err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\Program files\\Common files\\Microsoft shared\\dao\\dao2535.tlb" failed with error 2
Gtk-Message: 02:09:24.164: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.
Gtk-Message: 02:09:27.126: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.
dave@dave-test-linux:~$ 
I've tried to find a downloadable dao2535.tlb but can't find one. In looking on the net it does have something to do with access, which in turn I assume would be jet,
fargodwe

Post by fargodwe »

I looked on the Microsoft site and neither mdac27, mdac28 or jet40 include da02535. If this is needed, I wonder if this used to be in winetricks but was taken out because of Microsoft?

I did a winetricks dlls list and dao2535 is not in the list.
fargodwe

Post by fargodwe »

New thread created.
fargodwe

Post by fargodwe »

For those following this thread the solution appears to have been to use the wine release candidate instead of the stable.