Irfanview in Wine cannot open graphics files

Questions about Wine on Linux
ineuw
Level 2
Level 2

Irfanview in Wine cannot open graphics files

Post by ineuw »

Installed WineHQ in Linux Mint 19.2 in a dual boot desktop (Windows 10). Then, installed Irfanview from snap, but on opening a graphics file with Irfanview, the message says that does not recognize the header. This applies to either .jpg and .png.
The images are stored in a NTSF drive mounted by fstab, and they are read and write. Copied them to the local Linux Pictures folder, but the problem is the same. Other graphic apps in Linux have no problem opening these files wherever they are stored.
Also, the /media folders are invisible to the Wine File Explorer. Is it because admin rights? Essentially, I don't yet know what I am doing.
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Irfanview in Wine cannot open graphics files

Post by jkfloris »

I can't reproduce this problem in a clean Wineprefix with Wine 4.20 on Debian Sid.
Could you post a terminal output?
ineuw
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ineuw »

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the Linux terminal? Because I activate it from the Graphics menu.
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by jkfloris »

Are you referring to the Linux terminal?
Yes, read the link for more information.
https://wiki.winehq.org/Wine_User%27s_G ... mmand_line
ineuw
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ineuw »

jkfloris wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:26 am Yes, read the link for more information.
https://wiki.winehq.org/Wine_User%27s_G ... mmand_line
Thank you for the link and your help is very much appreciated. The instructions on the page are very clear.
ineuw
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ineuw »

@jkfloris, unfortunately, I am still unable to open any graphic file. When I click an image to open with Irfanview by the context menu, it fails. But, when I search and open a file in the Irfanview file browser, it works. I assume that there is a file missing?