Native Instruments, Native access can't login

Questions about Wine on Linux
Laguna_x
Level 1
Level 1

Native Instruments, Native access can't login

Post by Laguna_x »

Debian stretch. 4.9.0-11-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.189-3+deb9u1 (2019-09-20) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Wine 4.0.2 stable installed from winehq

after first install and first run long time ago NI Native access logged in into NI and got registration keys (this was once). later (like now) when i tried to add another library - Native Access just stuck on login.
Terminal:
https://pastebin.com/6KkK6Zrq
next Access is stuck (rotating symbol "loading")
through long time terminal added many lines with
002a:fixme:ole:snapshot_QueryGetData (0xc4260, 0x239b70 {cf 000d ptd (nil) aspect 1 lindex -1 tymed 1})
but nothing changed. it still stuck.
"Forgot your password" only available.
How can i login?
LOIC JOINT

Re: Native Instruments, Native access can't login

Post by LOIC JOINT »

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem, did you find a solution? Everything worked fine with the old version, it's annoying!
Laguna_x
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Laguna_x »

Nope :( still have no idea wats goin on. Thinking about reinstall all on another system and try to download latest access first and install it first. but it is later :(
or maybe activate on windows and then copy part of windows registry... :(
tealeaf

Post by tealeaf »

I've had this problem for some time, and have seen lots of other people with the same issue. Today I seem to have found a reasonable workaround.

The problem comes occasionally when Native Access tries to log in for a second time, or perhaps refresh its credentials. I decided to try removing the stored login information from the Windows registry, and it seems to let me then log in again.

To fix this, run `regedit` in the appropriate wine prefix. You'll find the login information for Native Access is stored in

Code: Select all

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Credential Manager\Generic: Native Access/API
You'll find `UserName` and `Password` keys there. When I deleted those and ran Native Access again, it just prompted me to type in my credentials. When I did, everything works perfectly.

The problem may well happen again, but it looks like this is a way to reset it.