Search in dropdown list not working anymore.

Questions about Wine on Linux
LDeeJay

Search in dropdown list not working anymore.

Post by LDeeJay »

Lectori Salutem,

Using Linux Mint 19 and the most recent version of Wine (4.0.2) I've come across an oddity I can't put my finger on. I used to use an application under Windows (XP, 7, 10) where you could select an item from a dropdown list by typing the word where the list would jump to the word you selected (so typing UNI would jump to United). But now under Linux/Wine, the same application only take the first letter, so when typing UNI I end up at International instead of United.

I've tried to isolate the issue by looking at applications under Linux/Windows. In Firefox for instance the behaviour stays the same under both OS'es (I end up at United in both cases). This leads me to believe it's not OS related.

I've used winetricks to replace the riched20.dll but to no avail, the behaviour stays the same. I've checked the FAQ and Forum here but couldn't find a similar case (that doesn't mean it does not exist).

Is there anyone who recognizes this and knows the solution (or can give me a nudge in the right direction?)

Thanks for your time.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Search in dropdown list not working anymore.

Post by DarkShadow44 »

That's a known issue, see https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42898. Currently, no workarounds.
LDeeJay

Re: Search in dropdown list not working anymore.

Post by LDeeJay »

Thanks for that. The only place I didn't search :roll:
This saves me some time.