Following Packages have unmet dependencies

Questions about Wine on Linux
GhettoBurger

Following Packages have unmet dependencies

Post by GhettoBurger »

There are very similar posts to this question multiple of which I've tried the solutions to but couldn't answer. The most similiar problem I've found is this viewtopic.php?t=31667

I'm getting the following error when attempting to install wine

Code: Select all

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 winehq-staging : Depends: wine-staging (= 4.17~bionic)
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
I've tried tracking following the trial to where the missing dependencies lead, by attempting to install wine-staging-amd64 but get the following errors
wine-staging-amd64 : Depends: libfaudio0 but it is not installable
Recommends: libcapi20-3 but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: libosmesa6 but it is not going to be installed
Tried the same with wine-staging-i386 but get a bunch of errors

Code: Select all

wine-staging-i386:i386 : Depends: libfaudio0:i386 but it is not installable
                          Recommends: libcairo2:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                          Recommends: libcapi20-3:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                          Recommends: libcups2:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                          Recommends: libglu1-mesa:i386 but it is not going to be installed or
                                      libglu1:i386
                          Recommends: libgsm1:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                          Recommends: libgssapi-krb5-2:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                          Recommends: libgtk-3-0:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                          Recommends: libkrb5-3:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                          Recommends: libodbc1:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                          Recommends: libosmesa6:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                          Recommends: libpcap0.8:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                          Recommends: libsane:i386 or
                                      libsane1:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                          Recommends: libsdl2-2.0-0:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                          Recommends: libv4l-0:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                          Recommends: libva-drm2:i386 but it is not going to be installed or
                                      libva-drm1:i386 but it is not installable
                          Recommends: libva-x11-2:i386 but it is not going to be installed or
                                      libva-x11-1:i386 but it is not installable
                          Recommends: libva2:i386 but it is not going to be installed or
                                      libva1:i386 but it is not installable
                          Recommends: libxcomposite1:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                          Recommends: libxcursor1:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                          Recommends: libxi6:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                          Recommends: libxinerama1:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                          Recommends: libxrandr2:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                          Recommends: libxrender1:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                          Recommends: libxslt1.1:i386 but it is not going to be installed
I messed it up pretty bad by repeatedly trying to install wine from following multiple forums and user suggestions and lost track of what I did wrong exactly. At one point I went as far as deleting a few wine links from the Software&Updates window in the section other software (image below). In an attempt top reinstall wine yet again.

https://imgur.com/a/kHeXqfV

I then noticed that in sources.list.d, specifically in thewine-build and the win-build.save text files were empty. So I removed all custom repositories and tried installing again. And still get the same errors.
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
sudo apt update
I'm not sure if some of the information I put here is relevant to the issue at hand, still decided to share it just in case. Any help is much appreciated, thanks!
dimesio

Re: Following Packages have unmet dependencies

Post by dimesio »

wine-staging-i386:i386 : Depends: libfaudio0:i386 but it is not installable
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32192