Display error when opening software

Questions about Wine on macOS.
jackclynes

Display error when opening software

Post by jackclynes »

Hi,

Some help with this would be really appreciated if possible. I am trying to run FPS Creator through CrossOver on my Macbook Pro, the software opens up fine but the process is halted by this error message:

'Runtime Error 1512 - Display is not supported by available hardware at line 0'

To which the program then closes itself.

I have changed my displays resolution various times both through System Preferences and CrossOver's settings, nothing seems to work.

I thought installing the latest version of DirectX through CrossOver would do the trick but that didn't change anything either.

I'm pretty stumped with this one and I'm unsure what else to try, I have tried WineTricks but that didn't really do anything.

Any help would be amazing please!

Specs:
Macbook Pro 13' 2017
MacOS High Sierra
2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5
Memory 8gb 2133 Mhz
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536mb
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Display error when opening software

Post by Gcenx »

I would recommend testing again using Wine-Staging-4.15. Then upload the terminal output to say GitHub gist and post the link back here
jackclynes

Post by jackclynes »

Gcenx wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:51 pm I would recommend testing again using Wine-Staging-4.15. Then upload the terminal output to say GitHub gist and post the link back here
I tested the program through Wine Staging, this is the output I received from the Terminal. I hope I haven't done this wrong, this is all very alien to me so apologies!

https://gist.github.com/jackclynes/776e ... e9df42b679
jackclynes

Post by jackclynes »

I'm pretty sure i've done as you've instructed but forgive me if I haven't, i'm very new to all this. Here is the link for the GitHub WineStaging output:

https://gist.github.com/jackclynes/776e ... e9df42b679