winehq-devel-4.15.pkg norton file scan decteted OSX.Trojan.Gen.2

Questions about Wine on macOS.
newusernewuser

winehq-devel-4.15.pkg norton file scan decteted OSX.Trojan.Gen.2

Post by newusernewuser »

Ok, so I'm new to wine and I don't understand it much. I'm currently using a mac mini MacOS Mojave 10.12.6 I download another version of wine (i believe it was wine stable or wine staging) I ran norton file scan on it and the scan came out clean, but unfornatuly that version didn't work. So I downloaded winehq-devel-4.15.pkg and did a file scan and norton said it found an infection (OSX.Trojan.Gen.2) it deleted the file. Has anyone had this problem before? I ran a full system scan on norton and ran a scan on malwareytes, both software says everything is fine, but I'm still panicking and worrying about it. Do I have anything to be concerned about? I don't know if my mac has been compromised with osx.trojan.gen.2 virus now and all that horrible stuff that comes with it.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: winehq-devel-4.15.pkg norton file scan decteted OSX.Trojan.Gen.2

Post by Gcenx »

Norton is the issue now wine or Winehq packages.

Norton is know to give multiple false positives not only that it’s broken iPhone backups, Time Machine backups and if it’s able to damaged system files.

I’m speaking from literally years of experience fixing both Windows and Mac’s remove that crap from your system before it breaks broken.