Visual Foxpro Report Forms don't print correctly

Questions about Wine on Linux
I_guy

Visual Foxpro Report Forms don't print correctly

Post by I_guy »

Trying to add a ubuntu 18.04 workstation to a LAN of Win7 computers. Visual Foxpro 9 compiled exe runs via wine on the ubuntu installation. VFP9 Exe on Win7 can access and manipulate data on the linux computer. VFP9 Exe on Linux can access and manipulate data on the Win7 computers. Exe on Linux computer can print to Win7 computer except when when Report Forms are used. Instead of printed lines, all Report Forms print as solid black boxes.

I thought that it might be a font problem, but I've been unable to change to any font that prints properly.

I've been trying to solve this problem for over a week - no joy. Can't find an answer anywhere. If anyone can steer me in the right direction I'd be eternally grateful.
I_guy

Re: Visual Foxpro Report Forms don't print correctly

Post by I_guy »

Thinking that it may be a printer driver problem, I had the program print to a PDF file. Same problem with output as solid black lines. I really don't want to convert the multitude of Report Forms that my program uses, especially because I have yet to find a simple command to change the orientation from Portrait to Landscape when necessary.

Has anyone tackled this problem successfully?
I_guy

Re: Visual Foxpro Report Forms don't print correctly

Post by I_guy »

Found something that seems to be working, allowing me to use my existing Report Forms.

SET REPORTBEHAVIOR 80 allows my VFP9 program to print Report Forms from Linux computers.

Hopefully this will help anyone else who is wrestling with this issue.