Wine updates screw everything up

Questions about Wine on Linux
throatgorge
Level 1
Level 1

Wine updates screw everything up

Post by throatgorge »

WINDOWS PROGRAM LOADER... this is what works-- all the new crap that you try to load Adobe Photoshop in DOES NOT WORK and I'm not interested in getting it to work.
I had to search for an hour and figure out how to find the hidden "Windows Program loader" that is no longer featured in Wine.
I had to block updates to wine because it hides or bypasses "Windows Program Loader."
I get really angry that wine forces me to jump through hoops to get something to work. IT USED TO BE DEFAULT AND IT WORKED EVERY TIME!
NOW I think it stopped working because I upgraded to "Linux MINT 19.2" I remember there was some trick to finding and setting up my program to use Windows Program loader. I remember having to type something into the terminal in order to get my linux to even list Windows Program loader as an option.
DEV TEAM: why are you people screwing up something that already works and making me use that other crap which doesn't? You guys are wasting my time!
throatgorge
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Wine updates screw everything up

Post by throatgorge »

an NO ! "Play on linux" does NOT run adobe photoshop and I am NOT interested in using this garbage. "Windows Program Loader" worked FLAWLESSLY EVERY TIME!!!!!!
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by jkfloris »

I had to block updates to wine because it hides or bypasses "Windows Program Loader."
Which version of Wine works and which doesn't?
Do you use the WineHQ repository or the Ubuntu one?
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

“Windows Program Loader” what the hell is that some Linux Mint crap?

Upgrading Linux Mint and its packages breaking has nothing to do with Winehq. Go and complain to Linux Mint’s team that they broken there packages.

Winehq packages are working if installed from the Winehq Repository.
throatgorge
Level 1
Level 1

Post by throatgorge »

Oh, well If Linux is just some bullshit OS then I suppose I'll just get on Windows and use that again. Then there'll be no need for WINE at all.
I'm pretty sure I did install WINE from WINEHQ, but I'll see if anyone on the Linux Mint forums has an answer.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Are you here for help or just to vent?
Cybermax
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Cybermax »

Well, you should perhaps use tablets and game consoles, cos windows also have some stuff changing when going from Windows 7 -> Windows 10 that would make you go even MORE batshit crazy! Its a conspiracy i tells ya!!

OMG1!!!1OmGZ!1