World Machine Interface Issues

Questions about Wine on Linux
mzo
Level 2
Level 2

World Machine Interface Issues

Post by mzo »

Hi,

I tried to run World Machine with the latest Wine staging on Ubuntu 19.04. The program installs and the core functionalities all work; however, the UI is glitchy (icons appear and disappear and so on), the little 3D preview viewport on the top left corner doesn't work at all, while the main 3D viewport works but it's unstable.

Now, what makes this strange is that a few months ago I ran World Machine with Wine on a MacOS system and it ran perfectly and out of the box, without the need of installing any additional library. So these issues may be Linux specific.

Does anybody have any experience with this?

You can download the free edition of World Machine at https://www.world-machine.com/download.php

Thanks
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: World Machine Interface Issues

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Seems to work fine for me. What GPU and graphics driver do you have? And what wine version?
mzo
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mzo »

I tested it with Wine Staging 4.13. My GPU is Nvidia 1080Ti and I use Nvidia proprietary drivers 430. I use several Linux-native 3D apps and the GPU/drivers work great. Maybe an issue with the Nvidia drivers within Wine? Actually, this made me remember another instance where my GPU was not fully working within Wine. I ran Daz Studio and it all worked but the GPU accelerated rendering didn't, when I heard from other users that if you use Wine Staging and Nividia proprietary drivers that should work.

I read on the World Machine AppDB page that other people reported some of those issues (especially the little 3D preview near the top left corner not working). But as I mentioned it worked fine with me when I tested it on Mac in the past; that's why I thought this might be somehow Linux-related.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Do you maybe have an integrated graphics card which is used?
mzo
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mzo »

I do have an integrated GPU in my Intel chip but it's not in use in my system.

Code: Select all

$ glxinfo|egrep "OpenGL vendor|OpenGL renderer"
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

Code: Select all

$ lspci -vnnn | perl -lne 'print if /^\d+\:.+(\[\S+\:\S+\])/' | grep VGA
VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation GP102 [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti] [10de:1b06] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Only the Nvidia GPU appears as active. I also checked in Daz Studio, which is able to list my GPU info (under Wine) and only lists the Nvidia one.

Can the staging settings in winecfg have anything to do with this?
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Possibly? To be sure, you could try in a clean WINEPREFIX with vanilla wine.
valycarrolito

Post by valycarrolito »

mzo wrote:Hi,

I tried to run World Machine with the latest Wine staging on Ubuntu 19.04. The program installs and the core functionalities all work; however, the UI is glitchy (icons appear and disappear and so on), the little 3D preview viewport on the top left corner doesn't work at all, while the main 3D viewport works but it's unstable.

Now, what makes this strange is that a few months ago I ran World Machine with Wine on a MacOS system and it ran perfectly and out of the box, without the need of installing any additional library. So these issues may be Linux specific.

You can download the free edition of World Machine at https://www.world-machine.com/download.php

Thanks
I tested it with Wine Staging 4.13. My GPU is Nvidia 1080Ti and I use Nvidia proprietary drivers 430. I use several Linux-native 3D apps and the GPU/drivers work great. Maybe an issue with the Nvidia drivers within Wine? Actually, this made me remember another instance where my GPU was not fully working within Wine. I ran Daz Studio and it all worked but the GPU accelerated rendering didn't, when I heard from other users that if you use Wine Staging and Nividia proprietary drivers that should work.
valycarrolito

Post by valycarrolito »

mzo wrote:Hi,

Now, what makes this strange is that a few months ago I ran World Machine with Wine on a MacOS system and it ran perfectly and out of the box, without the need of installing any additional library. So these issues may be Linux specific auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver.

Thanks
near the top left corner not working). But as I mentioned it worked fine with me when I tested it on Mac in the past; that's why I thought this might be somehow Linux-related.
MikeLaw

Post by MikeLaw »

valycarrolito wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:58 pm
I tested it with auto clicker Wine Staging 4.13. My GPU is Nvidia 1080Ti and I use Nvidia proprietary best clickerdrivers 430. I use several Linux-native android tap 3D top five apps and the GPU/drivers work great. Maybe an issue with the Nvidia drivers within Wine? Actually, this made me remember another instance where my GPU was not fully working within Wine. I ran Daz Studio and it all worked but the GPU accelerated rendering didn't, when I heard from other users that if you use Wine Staging op clicker and Nividia proprietary drivers that should work.
Similary, On my Nvidia 1650, there are some glitches but working. Need to update drivers.