Remove wine glass from application windows

Questions about Wine on macOS.
starparrot
Level 2
Level 2

Remove wine glass from application windows

Post by starparrot »

I'm running Wine Development (4.14) on macOS 10.14.6. Is it possible to remove the wine glass from application windows? I've attached a screenshot of the icon. I've looked in $HOME/.wine but was unable to locate the image/file. Thanks.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 12.23.57.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 12.23.57.png (11.75 KiB) Viewed 2542 times
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Remove wine glass from application windows

Post by Gcenx »

starparrot wrote:I'm running Wine Development (4.14) on macOS 10.14.6. Is it possible to remove the wine glass from application windows? I've attached a screenshot of the icon. I've looked in $HOME/.wine but was unable to locate the image/file. Thanks.
By chance are you using X11 for the display driver? As macDriver the default since Wine-1.5.28 won't show this unless the icon is built into the wine application.
starparrot
Level 2
Level 2

Post by starparrot »

By chance are you using X11 for the display driver? As macDriver the default since Wine-1.5.28 won't show this unless the icon is built into the wine application.
I'm not sure. I've looked online and can see where people have outlined setting the macDriver as default but I can't see where to do it in my version. This may be related to another post I just made. I've attached a screenshot of the Driver section in Registry Editor.

Thank you.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 16.39.57.png
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

The screenshot shows your using macDriver already.

Could you post a better image of the issue from before without cutting everything out say opening the application to a blank window or similar so your not sharing any private information
starparrot
Level 2
Level 2

Post by starparrot »

Thanks Gcenx. I managed to get Retina Mode working.

Attached is a screenshot of part of the screen (due to attachment size limits on here). You can see 3 of the 7 windows, each of which has the wine glass preceding the window name/information.

If you could that would be great. Thank you!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 17.09.50.png
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

Ah now I see what you mean, unfortunately that can’t be removed easily.
Wine would need to be compiled and have the icon replaced with something more generic like what Proton does.
starparrot
Level 2
Level 2

Post by starparrot »

Ah now I see what you mean, unfortunately that can’t be removed easily.
Wine would need to be compiled and have the icon replaced with something more generic like what Proton does.
Thanks Gcenx. I'll leave it for now but may return to it in the future. It seems silly that it's included...