Program Access & Custom dll's (Notion 5)

Questions about Wine on Linux
MoonLightShaddow

Program Access & Custom dll's (Notion 5)

Post by MoonLightShaddow »

I'm trying to run a music writing program called Notion 5 (Actually 4, 5, or 6, but 5 has the least bugs so far). The program installs, runs, and acts normally except for the playback feature (the important feature lol). I know (from fixing this problem on windows a few years back) that this problem is caused by the program not accessing the .dll files and/or not reading the sample files location.

In a windows install this can be fixed by reinstalling the program and then locating the file directories manually for the sample libraries. In the wine system I have reinstalled the program and manually selected the all the .dll programs as well as selected each .dll as (native, builtin), (builtin, native), (builtin), (native), all on windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. The program has varying levels of success with the best being Windows 7 and libraries (native, builtin), but there's nothing more I can think of as I'm new to the WINE world.

Can anyone help with:
- Am I using custom dll's correctly by typing their name into the "New override for library" and adding them even if they are not part of the drop down menu option?
- Could all this be caused by an audio conflict (possibly needing to work an asio driver into the system)?
- Anything else that may be worth trying?
- Am I just SOL on this and I have to just hope it works in new versions of wine?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Ubuntu 18.04.1
Zorin 15 Distro
Wine 4.0
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Program Access & Custom dll's (Notion 5)

Post by DarkShadow44 »

In a windows install this can be fixed by reinstalling the program and then locating the file directories manually for the sample libraries.
What exactly do you mean by that?
Am I using custom dll's correctly by typing their name into the "New override for library" and adding them even if they are not part of the drop down menu option?
What "custom dlls" are you talking about here? You should only use dll overrides when you really know what you're doing - normally there should be no need for that.

Demo or free downloads are also good, given instructions for us to reproduce the problem.