Winehq search enigen is a failure

Questions about Wine on Linux
steve7233
Level 2
Level 2

Winehq search enigen is a failure

Post by steve7233 »

I am trying to find out why my Atlas game which made by the same people that made the ARK games keeps crashing. In fact, Atlas is built using the ARK engine. I tried several times but could not find anything on the game. It looks like it uses google search but it sorely needs to be customized for wine games.
dimesio

Re: Winehq search enigen is a failure

Post by dimesio »

Which search were you using? The one at the upper right is Google search, which I agree is useless as the first thing it shows you are ads, often for other sites that have absolutely nothing to do with what you searched for. I never use it.

The search link in the forum menu on the left is the actual forum search, which will search just the forum. I just did a search for "Atlas" and it found 25 matches, including your post. Some of the other posts do appear to be about games.

A better place to search for game info is the AppDB, which like the forum, has its own search function in the lefthand menu, though it is confusingly named "Browse Apps." A search for "Atlas" there turns up 16 entries, none of which appear to be games.

It's also quite possible that we simply have no information on whatever game you're searching for.