Lowest Audio latency without wineasio in Wine 4.13

Questions about Wine on Linux
Sambaji

Lowest Audio latency without wineasio in Wine 4.13

Post by Sambaji »

Through my testing, it appears that Wineasio driver supported by KXstudio only works with the wine-rt 3. Ableton 10 seems to work best using Wine 4.x. I am currently running Ableton in the WineHQ-devel 4.13 on Linuxmint 19.2 Cinnamon. It runs well but the audio latency is reporting high. Is there a way of optimising the latency without using wineasio? Also, does Alsa have less latency then Pulseaudio in Wine? Thanks.
moonshaadow

Re: Lowest Audio latency without wineasio in Wine 4.13

Post by moonshaadow »

The Wine version coming with KxStudio is a patched rt (real time) version of Wine. Quite old (wine rt 3.0.2 ) regarding the fast development of Wine. My opinion, you should ask to the KxStudio team to upload their Wine version. Or try to install a RT Wine version. You're right : some apps should work better with recent Wine, but RT is essential for audio work.
Sambaji

Post by Sambaji »

Thanks for your reply. The Kxstudio team is taking a break from further development until later this year. Once they are back on, I'll contact them.
Sambaji

Post by Sambaji »

Note to self, this script, ran in the terminal, offers some useful tips for optimizing audio:
https://github.com/raboof/realtimeconfigquickscan

git clone git://github.com/raboof/realtimeconfigquickscan.git
cd realtimeconfigquickscan
perl ./realTimeConfigQuickScan.pl