Wine Devel 4.9 winecfg can't configure drives

Questions about Wine on macOS.
The_SamminAter
Level 3
Level 3

Wine Devel 4.9 winecfg can't configure drives

Post by The_SamminAter »

When running winecfg from Wine Devel 4.9, I am getting an error message saying that wine `Failed to connect to the mount manager`. I have tried re-installing wine, and am still having the same problem. Here is the terminal output:

Code: Select all

0079:err:file:init_redirects /Users/TheSamminAter/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows: No such file or directory
0077:err:wineboot:main Cannot set the dir to L"C:\\windows" (2)
0077:err:wineboot:process_run_key Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2).
007b:err:service:load_reg_string Error 1804 while reading value L"DisplayName"
007b:err:service:scmdatabase_load_services Error 1804 reading registry key for service L"NDProxy" - skipping
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"AFD" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"CryptSvc" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"gupdate" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"MountMgr" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"nsi" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"PcaSvc" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"PlugPlay" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"SCDEmu" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"SecDrv" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"seclogon" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"tdx" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"Wdf01000" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"WinDefend" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"WineBus" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"ws2ifsl" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"wscsvc" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"wuauserv" failed to start: 2
0077:err:shell:SHGetFolderPathAndSubDirW Failed to create directory L"C:\\users\\TheSamminAter\\Application Data".
0077:err:shell:SHGetFolderPathAndSubDirW Failed to create directory L"C:\\users\\TheSamminAter".
0077:err:shell:SHGetFolderPathAndSubDirW Failed to create directory L"C:\\users\\TheSamminAter\\Local Settings\\Application Data".
0079:fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" (6.0.0.0)
0091:fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" (6.0.0.0)
0091:err:winecfg:open_mountmgr failed to open mount manager err 2
I'd rather not have to run `sudo rm -rf ~/.wine` as I have applications and stuff installed there.
Attachments
screenshot
screenshot
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Wine Devel 4.9 winecfg can't configure drives

Post by Gcenx »

Already reported the issue https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47224
This started with Wine-4.8 now using mingw-w64 to cross-compile the PE files, the fallback of using gcc/clang is broken still as far as I’m aware.

The thing is Winehq’s Winebuild system is missing mingw-64 from Winebuild.
Plus some other related issues I’ve discovered but no point posting those until mingw-w64 is added into Winebuild.
The_SamminAter
Level 3
Level 3

Post by The_SamminAter »

Gcenx wrote:Already reported the issue https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47224
This started with Wine-4.8 now using mingw-w64 to cross-compile the PE files, the fallback of using gcc/clang is broken still as far as I’m aware.

The thing is Winehq’s Winebuild system is missing mingw-64 from Winebuild.
Plus some other related issues I’ve discovered but no point posting those until mingw-w64 is added into Winebuild.
Thanks! Should I downgrade to Wine-4.7 then?
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

The_SamminAter wrote:Thanks! Should I downgrade to Wine-4.7 then?
For the moment yeah that's the easy option.

I really hope someone fixes the Winehq Winebuild system quickly, if they don't then that will be annoying for Winehq users.
If Winehq's Wine-4.10 build doesn't work then I'll lightly be posting instructions for using a compile from Phoenicis-Winebuild since I already fixed there builder.

I did play with making custom "Wine Staging.app" but that takes time I don't really have at the moment.
The_SamminAter
Level 3
Level 3

Post by The_SamminAter »

Gcenx wrote:
The_SamminAter wrote:Thanks! Should I downgrade to Wine-4.7 then?
For the moment yeah that's the easy option.

I really hope someone fixes the Winehq Winebuild system quickly, if they don't then that will be annoying for Winehq users.
If Winehq's Wine-4.10 build doesn't work then I'll lightly be posting instructions for using a compile from Phoenicis-Winebuild since I already fixed there builder.

I did play with making custom "Wine Staging.app" but that takes time I don't really have at the moment.
Downgrading didn't work :/. I had to delete my ~/.wine folder. I don't know if this is a related problem or not, but wineserver isn't shutting down properly for me. I have to restart my computer in order to be able to use different versions of wine.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

The_SamminAter wrote:Downgrading didn't work :/. I had to delete my ~/.wine folder. I don't know if this is a related problem or not, but wineserver isn't shutting down properly for me. I have to restart my computer in order to be able to use different versions of wine.
I can't be sure wineserver not shutting down is related to the current issue.
But wineserver not closing usually mean a process is still running/crashed unless wineserver it's self crashed.