Cannot login to battle.net account

Questions about Wine on Linux
zapper

Cannot login to battle.net account

Post by zapper »

I took a screenshot, and this error keeps popping up, for some reason.
Also, it happens with 4.7 and 4.8 wine-staging, I compiled from source wine-staging the way the github page says to, and I just cannot login no matter what.

It gives me that annoying error infinitely. :/

aka the screenshot I uploaded.

to make matters worse on my other laptop, that has a ubuntu based distro on it, it loads fine, except the mouse is broken on it. The mouse works fine except in games. My point being, I am kind of stuck till wine-staging 4.8 comes out for my ubuntu derivatives, or wine-staging 4.9 comes out with a fix for this laptop.

ps, I have tried my usual tactics, to no avail, even corefonts doesn't help.
Attachments
Any ideas how to fix?<br /><br />ps, even launching game doesn't let me authenticate, it just sits there, till it times out. Even on the battle.net part.
Any ideas how to fix?

ps, even launching game doesn't let me authenticate, it just sits there, till it times out. Even on the battle.net part.
zapper

Re: Cannot login to battle.net account

Post by zapper »

Well, thankfully wine-staging 4.8 came to ubuntu it least. :) Now to wait on the rest...
pga256
Level 2
Level 2

Post by pga256 »

Have you got the 32-bit versions of the libldap and gnutls libraries installed on your system? These are required for battle.net authentication.
zapper

Post by zapper »

pga256 wrote:Have you got the 32-bit versions of the libldap and gnutls libraries installed on your system? These are required for battle.net authentication.
Oddly enough, libldap I did have same with gnutls in 32 bit form i mean... but even stranger, I used winetricks immediately after reinstalling wine-staging and proceeded to adding the corefonts via winetricks, and then...
I have no idea what happened... but when I installed battle.net afterwards, no issues. Weird indeed.

Same with starcraft. Can't tell why but something was different. ;/