How to make wine ask again about installing gecko, mono, etc

Questions about Wine on Linux
moment

How to make wine ask again about installing gecko, mono, etc

Post by moment »

Hello

I've been trying to install some application and before the installation window of that program appeared the wine showed me some windows asking me if I want to install gecko and mono.
I've rejected it same as the main installation window, because I wanted to do it actually later, but the next time I've started my main program installation I was not asked about this gecko and mono.
I know I can probably download and install it manually and I've actually tried to do that, but also I was probably not successful(I am newbie to linux, I didn't quite understood the main instruction on the gecko and mono wiki)

Thanks
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: How to make wine ask again about installing gecko, mono,

Post by jkfloris »

Code: Select all

wineboot -u
Should install gecko and mono.
moment

Post by moment »

@jkfloris Is there any way to check if it was installed. The command you've mentioned gave this result:

000f:err:service:process_send_command receiving command result timed out
000f:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"WineBus" failed to start: 1053
002c:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
002c:fixme:dwmapi:DwmIsCompositionEnabled 0x6dbd1518
0030:fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyIpInterfaceChange (family 0, callback 0x69ebd3de, context 0x7365c0, init_notify 0, handle 0x102fa10): stub
0042:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
0044:fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyIpInterfaceChange (family 0, callback 0x6a0cb608, context 0x7b88c8, init_notify 0, handle 0xfffc88): stub
wine: configuration in '/home/user/.wine' has been updated.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

moment wrote:Is there any way to check if it was installed. ...
To list all the packages installed in a WINEPREFIX:

wine uninstaller --list
Bob