Scaling method looks jagged in photoshop and some other apps

Questions about Wine on Linux
Cknight70

Scaling method looks jagged in photoshop and some other apps

Post by Cknight70 »

Hi, I have got photoshop working in wine. I am aware there are a few bugs for this but this does not seem to be an issue specific to photoshop.

My issue is that the scaling method used for some images in wine causes visable jagginess.

Here is an example of a zoomed out image in photoshop. Notice the curved lines, which should be smooth.

https://files.catbox.moe/k4c63a.png

https://files.catbox.moe/lab575.png

I will try and post more examples later today.

Please inform me if there if there is a setting to change in winecfg or winetricks or something else to get this fixed please.

Any guesses or further information wanted from me is welcome too.
Dadu042
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Scaling method looks jagged in photoshop and some other

Post by Dadu042 »

Does jagginess = Aliasing ?

Please report : Wine version, Software version, GPU card, winetricks functions (if used), screen resolution, app resolution, OS.
Cknight70

Re: Scaling method looks jagged in photoshop and some other

Post by Cknight70 »

Hi thanks for your reply. It could be aliasing, some of the fonts are not anti aliased while others are, you can see some non anti aliased fonts if you look at the layers in the bottom right of my first screenshot. I have rgb subsampling enabled in winetricks. If there is some more prefixes or what not I should try please inform me.

Wine 4.9

Photoshop CC 2019

Nvidia 2080 ti with Nvidia drivers 430.14

settings: 64 bit prefix, fontsmooth=rgb

installed apps/dependencies for the bottle: gdiplus vcrun2008 vcrun2010 vcrun2012 vcrun2013 vcrun2015 atmlib msxml3 msxml6 gdiplus corefonts

Screen is 1080p, photoshop is approx 1920x1040 it does not seem dependent on application size but on the zoom scale of the main view (as shown in my screenshot where the image is zoomed out, making it smaller than the actual size of the image)

I'm using Arch Linux.