DEAD OR ALIVE 6 - Core fighters (steam version)

Questions about Wine on Linux
scorpion
Level 2
Level 2

Re: DEAD OR ALIVE 6 - Core fighters (steam version)

Post by scorpion »

I am already subscribed as Scorpion2185, I added the link to my profile (of this forum).

When I try a game with proton I have to launch it several times. The first time if I am lucky I can see at least the menu screen for some seconds. After some attempts (maybe) I can finally play. If I change resolution, again I have to open it some times.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

scorpion wrote:I am already subscribed as Scorpion2185, I added the link to my profile (of this forum).

When I try a game with proton I have to launch it several times. The first time if I am lucky I can see at least the menu screen for some seconds. After some attempts (maybe) I can finally play. If I change resolution, again I have to open it some times.
Hmmm,

I hate that. Intermittent failures are harder to track down... At least I know it's probably not something funky with my system then! :lol:

I mainly just play Fallout 4 and that works really well - especially with Proton (bar the odd hardware crash - due to the typical crappy laptop cooling).
Valve and the DXVK developer have done an amazing job. I literally expected to have to wait 10 years for Fallout 4 to work (near) flawlessly, under Wine! 8)

Bob
scorpion
Level 2
Level 2

Post by scorpion »

Can you try it again with Gentoo then?
scorpion
Level 2
Level 2

Post by scorpion »

Bob Wya wrote:
scorpion wrote:@Bob Can you play it on Gentoo?
I had a shot with Proton (aka Steam Play) and Wine Staging 4.7 - using the free version of DEAD OR ALIVE 6...
I can only get to the menu screen and then the game crashes or freezes (music still playing)...
DXVK does launch OK - because I can see the DXVK HUD.
It appears to be an issue in Wine itself.

I was following some recommendations from: Github: ValveSoftware / Proton Issues: Dead or Alive 6 (838380) - Story mode requires DXVA2 and Media Foundation #2420.
So obviously I've missed something - since folks are getting further into the game than I am...
Obviously I'd advise you to subscribe to that (Github) topic.

I'll maybe try it one of the other Linux distributions I have installed - tomorrow hopefully! 8)

Bob
Can you also try the other Linux distributions?