How long it takes to review a test result submission?

Post issues, bugs, and feature requests about the various WineHQ websites to this forum.
Xandros Darkstorm
Level 1
Level 1

How long it takes to review a test result submission?

Post by Xandros Darkstorm »

I sent a test result for Baldur's Gate one week ago and it is still not reviewed. A new version of Wine released recently and now i don't know if have to redone testing from the beginning. Is staff reviewing only modern and popular games or there are millions of reports to be examined? How long usually it takes to examine a review? There is no information about it on FAQ page and this situation feels very discouraging.
dimesio

Re: How long it takes to review a test result submission?

Post by dimesio »

Baldur's Gate has a maintainer, and maintainers have 7 days to process test reports. If they fail to do so, the system removes them as maintainer and the test report is reviewed by an admin. Today is the 7th day for your test report.

FYI, the 7 day timeline is mentioned on https://wiki.winehq.org/AppDB_Maintaine ... nformation.
Xandros Darkstorm
Level 1
Level 1

I think maybe this information should be duplicated in test submission info or in FAQ. Something like:
"After sending your test result, maintainer will review it. If within 7 days your submission is not reviewed, administration will take care of review process"

Because currently it is not clear that maintainer is the one who reviews test submissions first (unless you read the whole documentation, which is kinda strange idea when it comes to service -- imagine if you had to read all Wikipedia pages just to understand how room heater works). I never thought i supposed to read about maintainer status.

Also in FAQ it is stated that an admin examines the submission, not maintainer:
Use the Submit App link in the AppDB sidebar to add an entry; it will be processed by an admin before becoming visible to all users.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Xandros Darkstorm wrote: Also in FAQ it is stated that an admin examines the submission, not maintainer:
Use the Submit App link in the AppDB sidebar to add an entry; it will be processed by an admin before becoming visible to all users.
That link is to submit a new application entry; it has nothing to do with submitting test reports for existing applications. Admins process all submissions of new applications. What you submitted was a test report for an existing version. Maintainers are responsible for processing those.
Xandros Darkstorm
Level 1
Level 1

The documentation still doesn't state anywhere about verification procedure. I can't find it anywhere, except the thing you mentioned in "Maintainer guidelines", which is not a place where submitter is going to look for an answer of this topic. That is why i think it will be good idea to state this info somewhere else (General FAQ or Test submission).
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

thepearl98
Level 2
Level 2

Post by thepearl98 »

Hello World i m kinda new here but i tested and submitted a test report for both League of legends Internet download manager ( both are for the newest patch) i want to know if they are reviewed or not how can i know that ? Thnx !
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

thepearl98 wrote:Hello World i m kinda new here but i tested and submitted a test report for both League of legends Internet download manager ( both are for the newest patch) i want to know if they are reviewed or not how can i know that ? Thnx !
You should receive an email saying it has either been accepted or rejected. If rejected, there should be a reason given and possibly what you need to do to revise the report to make it acceptable.
thepearl98
Level 2
Level 2

Post by thepearl98 »

You should receive an email saying it has either been accepted or rejected. If rejected, there should be a reason given and possibly what you need to do to revise the report to make it acceptable.
Thank You for your quick reply. i didnt receive any Mail until this current day . Should i wait ?
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

thepearl98 wrote:Thank You for your quick reply. i didnt receive any Mail until this current day . Should i wait ?
As I stated above, maintainers have 7 days to process test reports.
thepearl98
Level 2
Level 2

Post by thepearl98 »

EDIT : Submitted test data accepted .
Thank you .