Installing winetricks 'dotnet461'

Questions about Wine on macOS.
Cavier

Installing winetricks 'dotnet461'

Post by Cavier »

Hi all,

Recently followed this guide https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/ ... ex-on-mac/ for installing Wine via Homebrew on my macOS-system. I (at least) tried to install dotnet461 on both my 32- as wel as my 64-prefix of Wine. Yet it still tells me every time I try to run a .exe file (following this tutorial, it's about a file called PKHeX.exe), but it tells me .NET Framework 4.6.1 isn't installed on my system. I think it really is, because I launched and finished the installation of it multiple times now. Even tried it via downloading the installation via "wget"-commandline then installing it via "env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 WINEARCH=win32 wine ~/NDP461-KB3102436-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe" but then it tells me my oeprating system is not supported; I tried running it both via W7 and W10 (winecfg).

I'm out of solutions. Please help a noob like me!
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Installing winetricks 'dotnet461'

Post by Gcenx »

Don’t manually run the dotnet installer you need to use winetricks to install dotnet correctly.....

Also jaceoface posted that they updated the macOS version of PKHeX recently, so if your having trouble just use the provided version
Cavier

Post by Cavier »

Gcenx wrote:Don’t manually run the dotnet installer you need to use winetricks to install dotnet correctly.....

Also jaceoface posted that they updated the macOS version of PKHeX recently, so if your having trouble just use the provided version
You're right about the last point, but I'd really like to understand wine more and how it operates, so I would make me content to run the Windows-execuable instead. What you tell me is how to isntall dotnet461 exactly?
Cavier

Post by Cavier »

I misread your comment. I also tried installing it via winetrickw in the first place, in both 32- as well as 64-prefix. It doesn’t help. PKHeX.exe still tells I need to install . NET 4.6 before I can run the program. Is there a way to show you a log that tells you whether dotnet461 is installed?
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

The thing to remember “Wine” installed by homebrew is not the same as a Winehq release, wine installed via homebrew currently is wine-4.0.

I’m able to install dotnet verbs from winetricks with Winehq releases and also from my own compiles.

I would ask is are you sure your installing dotnet into the correct wineprefix as you shouldn’t be getting that error if you did. If your struggling to get it working yourself you can just use the provided macOS PKHeX wrapper.