Steam Games won't launch with Wine.

Questions about Wine on macOS.
al3xmxy

Steam Games won't launch with Wine.

Post by al3xmxy »

Hi,

I am looking to play PC Building Simulator which is a Windows-Only Steam game, so I went straight to wine and installed it. After I had installed Wine, I installed the Windows version of Steam via Wine. I downloaded and updated my game on the Steam Library, and the game says its running but I see no game running. Can someone help me please, I hope this made sense!

Thanks
The_SamminAter
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Steam Games won't launch with Wine.

Post by The_SamminAter »

I have also noticed that steam isn't launching games. Have you tried locating and manually launching PC Building Simulator?
The_SamminAter
Level 3
Level 3

Post by The_SamminAter »

Have you recently changed settings in winecfg?
al3xmxy

Post by al3xmxy »

No I haven't changed any settings in winecfg. What is the directory for games installed via Steam? I am in '~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Steam/' but do not know where to go next.
Thanks
al3xmxy

Post by al3xmxy »

Hi again,
Never mind - I've just found the directory: '~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/PC Building Simulator/PCBS.exe'. Thanks, but when I launch the exe it opens with wine and then it just automatically closes. Any other solutions?
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

Are you actually using a Wine release from winehq? If you are what version are you using?
You also need to provide some Terminal output for anyone to even begin to try and help you.