Problems running rcedit

Questions about Wine on Linux
JacobTheHeartless

Problems running rcedit

Post by JacobTheHeartless »

I'm working with GoDot engine. This game engine is using windows program rcedit (https://github.com/electron/rcedit) to set icon of just builded exe files and it does not work. I'm using crossover for my windows needs so I have no experience with Wine which is now reqired to use. If I try to use terminal and run rcedit from there, I got error. I never used wine before and I really need to run this one.

Machine Specs :
Ubuntu 18 LTS with XFce
Intel Pentium 3825U
Intel Broadwell GT1 (messa driver)

Error (multiple tries. That "Lets change nothing and try again" approach to solve problem, does not work this time)

Code: Select all

garrom@GarromMachine:~$ wine '/home/garrom/Plocha/Programs/rcedit-x64.exe' '/home/garrom/Plocha/Files/GoDot/Builds/PTC/win/PickTheCube.exe' --set-icon '/home/garrom/Plocha/Files/GoDot/Materials/PTC/GJ/icon.ico'
002d:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x23fd40 (nil)): stub
garrom@GarromMachine:~$ wine '/home/garrom/Plocha/Programs/rcedit-x64.exe' '/home/garrom/Plocha/Files/GoDot/Builds/PTC/win/PickTheCube.exe' --set-icon '/home/garrom/Plocha/Files/GoDot/Materials/PTC/GJ/icon.ico'
002e:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x23fd40 (nil)): stub
0032:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x23fd40 (nil)): stub
0032:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x23fd40 (nil)): stub
0036:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x23fd40 (nil)): stub
garrom@GarromMachine:~$ 
Any kind of of hint help is appreciated
JacobTheHeartless

Re: Problems running rcedit

Post by JacobTheHeartless »

Nevermind. I reinstalled wine and it works now