How to find out if a patch set was already implemented or no

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Barafu Albino

How to find out if a patch set was already implemented or no

Post by Barafu Albino »

I have encountered a problem with an application installer. I have found this discussion https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=23934 that describes a very similar problem and a patch set that should solve it.
I tried to install wine-staging and create a new prefix, but it did not solve the problem.

How can I find out if a patch in discussion is applied to wine-staging package or not? Because if not, then I need to learn how to compile wine, apply patches, install it. If yes, then the patch does not help me and I should not spend time on this, instead I should find some workarounds.
dimesio

Re: How to find out if a patch set was already implemented o

Post by dimesio »

If the bug status is STAGED, as it is for the bug you linked to, that means the patch is in wine-staging.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: How to find out if a patch set was already implemented o

Post by Bob Wya »

Barafu Albino wrote:I have encountered a problem with an application installer. I have found this discussion https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=23934 that describes a very similar problem and a patch set that should solve it.
I tried to install wine-staging and create a new prefix, but it did not solve the problem.

How can I find out if a patch in discussion is applied to wine-staging package or not? Because if not, then I need to learn how to compile wine, apply patches, install it. If yes, then the patch does not help me and I should not spend time on this, instead I should find some workarounds.
@Barafu Albino

Clone the wine-staging git tree and test alterations to the patchset in question.
In your case this patchset was first introduced years ago...
More crucially it was last updated with Wine Staging release 3.19 ...

It would appear your Wine problems are of a different nature... Your problem being what exactly?

Are you running the application directly from the "correct" directory? (Bearing in mind that Windows will search the present working directory first for both libraries and executable files...)
See: WineHQ User's Guide: 3 Using Wine

Bob