Access denied

Questions about Wine on Android
Benni1123

Access denied

Post by Benni1123 »

hey. I can not start any programs because of the error "Access denied" (see photo). What can I do?
I'm sorry for my bad English.
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-02-03-20-54-18-721.jpeg
mustapha89

Re: Access denied

Post by mustapha89 »

I have the same problem on my galaxy s9plus Android pie please help
ReneMiner

Post by ReneMiner »

To fix this it needs to implement a few permissions to wine and it should be installed to external storage. Temporary - until the next wine will be published - it can be done using some apk-editor/modification-utility through adding those permissions manually to the manifest. Also create some new folder on /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/. Call this folder "org.winehq.wine" and add in there another folder like "drive_z".
Use a sophisticated file-manager to connect the wine-app with the "org.winehq.wine"-folder and create the connection to drive_z, i.e. "Z:\" through wineconfig.

1. permission to start and stop other processes/apps
2. permission to install, especially from unknown sources
3. permission to write settings
4. permission to mount/unmount filesystems.
JugarEsDivertirse

Post by JugarEsDivertirse »

Good Morning. I have the same problem. It says "Access Denied" every time I want to execute an .exe file. I am a root user and I have tried to modify the permissions with applications like "total commander" but I did not succeed.
ReneMiner wrote:To fix this it needs to implement a few permissions to wine and it should be installed to external storage. Temporary - until the next wine will be published - it can be done using some apk-editor/modification-utility through adding those permissions manually to the manifest. Also create some new folder on /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/. Call this folder "org.winehq.wine" and add in there another folder like "drive_z".
Use a sophisticated file-manager to connect the wine-app with the "org.winehq.wine"-folder and create the connection to drive_z, i.e. "Z:\" through wineconfig.

1. permission to start and stop other processes/apps
2. permission to install, especially from unknown sources
3. permission to write settings
4. permission to mount/unmount filesystems.
I thank you for helping us. Excuse my English, I'm from Argentina, I speak Spanish. Can you be a little clearer? I do not understand why I do not handle my English very well. Thank you!
jhoop87

Post by jhoop87 »

Hello, I am new to this forum. I've been able to modify the app manifest to install on the sd card, grant read/write permission, and mount/unmount file systems. I couldn't quite find the other permissions that were suggested. Also, do you mind elaborating on how to do this? Or which app could be used to do so?
I don't have root access. I'm beginning to think that is a prerequisite for using Wine on Android. I also tried the Total Commander/file properties/ grant read/write file permissions, but I cannot since I have no root access
Sangye

Post by Sangye »

jhoop87 wrote:Hello, I am new to this forum. I've been able to modify the app manifest to install on the sd card, grant read/write permission, and mount/unmount file systems. I couldn't quite find the other permissions that were suggested. Also, do you mind elaborating on how to do this? Or which app could be used to do so?
I don't have root access. I'm beginning to think that is a prerequisite for using Wine on Android. I also tried the Total Commander/file properties/ grant read/write file permissions, but I cannot since I have no root access
try running the command winecfg on the command prompt in wine, it will open the configuration window for you so you can set the routes for the virtual hard drives (C: and Z:)
jhoop87

Post by jhoop87 »

Thanks! But it finally makes sense now. "Access denied" must come up whenever trying to run a program that isn't compiled for ARM. I was able to copy and paste the wine iexplorer.exe file into my phone's Download folder, and it ran fine from there. Now the hard part is finding .exe files that will actually work on a snapdragon SoC.

The cool thing about manually editing the .apk manifest to give full read/write permissions is that I can now save files i make in notepad or wordpad onto my sd card, where i couldn't before and thought it was an 'access denied' issue