dimesio Or any other mods or anyone in from Packaging

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

dimesio Or any other mods or anyone in from Packaging

Post by Gcenx »

Wine-4.4 for macOS was uploaded for download on the 19th but still there is no wine-Staging release, I posted to the irc channel I’m not sure if filing I should file a bug report or something else as this is not the first time macOS ends up missing a build.

And for anyone who says to just compile it from source..... compiling wine on macOS from source is a compile nightmare.
I do compile wine but not everyone can do that, everyone says use the latest wine devel or Staging Ed build but recently you me lucky to get a macOS buiiid 4/5 days after staging is ready on GitHub
dimesio

Re: dimesio Or any other mods or anyone in from Packaging

Post by dimesio »

MacOS packages can't be built on the OBS, so the WineHQ packages are still built under the old build system. I have no access to that (and know little to nothing about building on MacOS anyway) so unfortunately, I can't be of much help here.

I would file a bug.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

dimesio wrote:MacOS packages can't be built on the OBS, so the WineHQ packages are still built under the old build system. I have no access to that (and know little to nothing about building on MacOS anyway) so unfortunately, I can't be of much help here.

I would file a bug.
That's all I wanted to be sure of thank you.

Yeah the build system is a debian stretch system/docker image that unpacks the OS X 10.8SDK and uses a patched clang-3.8 & XQuartz2.7.7 (plus all the other dylibs built and shipped with the releases) to compile wine.
But it seems recently instead of using the old systems python packing script it looks like it's packaged on an actual mac.

I have been helping another project do the same but have a few issues with dotnet/vcrun stalling, but managed to integrate gnutls and moltenvk support already :D
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

That was resolved quickly, I will do that next time if needed.