icons of files in total commander

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
wineuser23

icons of files in total commander

Post by wineuser23 »

I can open programs in total commander as in nemo with just double clicking on the file, but I do not see the correct icons as in nemo file explorer. Can I fix this somehow. I use linux mint.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: icons of files in total commander

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Mind providing a screenshot showing the problem?

What version of wine do you use?
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

wineuser23 wrote:I can open programs in total commander as in nemo with just double clicking on the file, but I do not see the correct icons as in nemo file explorer. Can I fix this somehow. I use linux mint.
@wineuser23

The only way to fix the correct icons in Total Commander is to setup Windows file associations with all your native Linux file MIME types.
See Wine FAQ: 6.6.3 How do I associate a native program with a file type in Wine?
This would be a royal PITA, even if you automate the process with a (Python/BASH) script.
There isn't a nice Wine GUI application to do this process more "automagically", at present anyway...

Personally I can't see why someone would feel the need to run Total Commander, under Wine, on Linux.
A File Manager, which is native (Linux), is going to give you much more "frictionless" experience!

Certainly Plasma 5 (which I run) has all the features of the TC utility, baked in as native features.
For example Ark is incredibly powerful these days (the Plasma Archive Manager).

Bob
wineuser23

Post by wineuser23 »

Even the files that do open with the same program in both, nemo and total commander, they do not have the same icons in the total commander. As total commander have its own icons.
wineuser23

Post by wineuser23 »

mint 19.1 and I have now winehq-devel: Installed: 4.3~bionic
the problem is persistent
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

What problem? I still don't understand what's wrong.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

Oh I get what wineuser23 means.

Nemo is showing different icons then Total Commander, wineuser23 wants the icons to match in both programs.

But I’m not sure possible on Linux.