IQOption no longer working

Questions about Wine on Linux
LMLM
Level 3
Level 3

IQOption no longer working

Post by LMLM »

I used to run the IQOption application running until a little while ago. I ran it today and was told that version was no longer valid and I had to download a newer version. I did, and it won't even install:

Code: Select all

$ wine msiexec /i IQOption.msi 
000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 4.2 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
000f:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"IQOptionUpdater" failed to start: 2
Is there any hope?
LMLM
Level 3
Level 3

Re: IQOption no longer working

Post by LMLM »

I am now trying to run something completely unrelated, and it fails. Should be a separate issue, but I still get those three same lines (before others that were not there before), including the one that mentions IQOptionUpdater. I uninstalled IQOption. Why is that line still popping up in the output?
LMLM
Level 3
Level 3

Post by LMLM »

I am trying again to install IQoption. I get this error:

0023:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
0026:err:ntoskrnl:ZwLoadDriver failed to create driver L"\\Registry\\Machine\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\TPkd": c0000142
000f:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"TPkd" failed to start: 1114
0029:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
0033:err:ntoskrnl:ZwLoadDriver failed to create driver L"\\Registry\\Machine\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\WinisoCDBus": c0000142
000f:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"WinisoCDBus" failed to start: 1114
0036:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
0009:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
0049:fixme:mscoree:parse_startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy=L"true" not implemented
0049:fixme:mscoree:get_runtime_info unsupported startup flags 2
0049:err:mscoree:RuntimeHost_Invoke Method System.AppDomain:CreateDomain raised an exception, hr=80131515
0049:fixme:mscoree:corruntimehost_Stop stub 00151A60
0009:err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"GenerateConfigForTaskScheduler" returned 1603
0009:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 5)
0009:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 5)
0009:err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"ExecuteAction" returned 1603
0009:err:msi:execute_script Execution of script 2 halted; action L"[SchedServiceConfig<=>S-1-5-21-0-0-0-1000<=>{14D7E71E-ADA6-47B5-9164-36DCA8B4CEB7}]RollbackServiceConfig" returned 1603
0012:fixme:service:handle_shutdown_msg service should be able to delay shutdown
001b:fixme:win:UnregisterDeviceNotification (handle=0xcafeaffe), STUB!
I'm running Wine-staging 4.13. Is there anything I can do?
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by jkfloris »

(I don't have an account, so I could not test the application)
You could extract the msi file with msiextract [1] and run the executable with Wine

.../drive_c$ msiextract IQOption.msi 
 Program Files/IQ Option/crashsender.exe
 Program Files/IQ Option/IQ Option.exe
 Program Files/IQ Option/iqtray.exe
 Program Files/IQ Option/webview.exe
 Program Files/IQ Option/launcher.exe
 Program Files/IQ Option/IQOptionUpdater.exe
 Program Files/IQ Option/IQOptionUpdateTask.exe
.../drive_c$ cd Program\ Files/IQ\ Option/
.../drive_c/Program Files/IQ Option$ ls
 crashsender.exe  'IQ Option.exe'   IQOptionUpdater.exe   IQOptionUpdateTask.exe   iqtray.exe   launcher.exe   webview.exe
.../drive_c/Program Files/IQ Option$ wine IQ\ Option.exe 
[1] msiextract is part of msitools
https://wiki.gnome.org/msitools
LMLM
Level 3
Level 3

Post by LMLM »

That works very well. Thank you!
janicolou

Post by janicolou »

IQ Option works. Just install it in a windows computer then copy the files from Program Files and run the "IQ Option.exe" file on Linux through Wine
fargodwe

Post by fargodwe »

I have no idea really, but is seems every time I have tried to install via a .msi file it fails. Extracting the files from the .msi seems to work.