Solved Apple+Tab bug in MTG: Arena but new question

Questions about Wine on macOS.
jackal242
Level 1
Level 1

Solved Apple+Tab bug in MTG: Arena but new question

Post by jackal242 »

So i solved the MTG: Arena Apple+Tab bug which caused the game to freeze.

What you do is inside the game switch OUT of full screen mode and you get a windowed version of the game.

Then when you Apple+Tab out to another application and want to come back, just CLICK on the title bar of Arena and it pulls focus back into the game and you can keep playing.

So here's my question to the group: Why does this fix it? Why does clicking on the Title bar reactivate the game? And can this be done via a key binding? If so i could go back to fullscreen mode and activate the key binding to make the window active.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Solved Apple+Tab bug in MTG: Arena but new question

Post by Gcenx »

I have this installed and I don’t get a freeze when using CMD+Tab.

It’s possible it’s a problem with the wine version your currently using to run the game.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

jackal242 wrote:So i solved the MTG: Arena Apple+Tab bug which caused the game to freeze.

What you do is inside the game switch OUT of full screen mode and you get a windowed version of the game.

Then when you Apple+Tab out to another application and want to come back, just CLICK on the title bar of Arena and it pulls focus back into the game and you can keep playing.

So here's my question to the group: Why does this fix it? Why does clicking on the Title bar reactivate the game? And can this be done via a key binding? If so i could go back to fullscreen mode and activate the key binding to make the window active.
This could be due to using Wineskin-2.6.2 along with Wine-3.0
jackal242
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jackal242 »

I'm new to using Wineskin. I've always used Crossover Games in the past.

How do I test the version of Wineskin I'm using versus the version of wine that's running?

I just download the Wineskin from the reddit post and used it per the video's instructions.

VIDEO => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndENVl1_n7o
REDDIT POST => https://www.reddit.com/r/MagicArena/com ... ne_on_osx/
jackal242
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jackal242 »

Is there no easy way to check the versions?

$ ps -aef|grep wine
505 79023 1 0 6:06AM ?? 0:00.00 /bin/bash /Applications/MTGArena.app/Contents/Frameworks/wswine.bundle/bin/wine MTGA.exe
505 79031 1 0 6:06AM ?? 0:14.40 /Applications/MTGArena.app/Contents/Frameworks/wswine.bundle/lib/../bin/MTGArena289047192Wineserver
505 79044 1 0 6:06AM ?? 0:00.04 C:\windows\system32\winedevice.exe
505 79048 1 0 6:06AM ?? 0:00.56 C:\windows\system32\winedevice.exe
505 79368 79341 0 6:07AM ttys000 0:00.00 grep wine
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

Did you read my last post?

I know exactly what wine version it includes and what version of Wineskin it’s also using.

The point was you shouldn’t be using a pre-made solution but do it yourself, Official Wineskin development may have stopped but “Unoffical Wineskin” can take it’s place and give your access to all current Winehq releases.

I posted to that thread months ago trying to have it updated to use the active project but I was ignored.