Unable to launch GOG Galaxy

Questions about Wine on Linux
Samae1

Unable to launch GOG Galaxy

Post by Samae1 »

Hello fellow humans,

first off id like to apologize if anything I might write does not make much sense. I am quite new to Linux distributions and because of that my knowledge, to my own frustration, is severely lacking when it comes to operating it. Now lets get started.

I am unable to start up GOG and I am confronted with this error:

2019-02-20 19:16:52.759 [Error][ (0)] [TID 84][galaxy_updater]: Sending data to service failed, aborting
2019-02-20 19:16:53.253 [Error][ (0)] [TID 84][galaxy_updater]: Could not launch Client after update! Error Message: Failed launching process 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\GalaxyClient.exe' via service, due to generic error.

I am running Wine on Linux Mint - if u guys need any more information just let me know.
I did not find anything out there that might solve this problem. If u are better than I am when it comes to finding errors - I gladly try any fix there is out there so just send the link my way.

Thanks in advance for ur help!
Samae1

Re: Unable to launch GOG Galaxy

Post by Samae1 »

After consulting the guidelines on how to post a thread once more, here is some additional information :)

Wine-Version: wine-4.0

Did run
$ wine your_app.exe &> /tmp/log.txt 2>&1
and seemed to work fine. Where can I find the by that command generated file to upload for u guys?

Did run
winetricks -q vcrun2015
in an attempt to fix my problem as well.

That should be about it - as usual let me know when u guys need more information.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Unable to launch GOG Galaxy

Post by Bob Wya »

@Samae1

I just tested the GOG Galaxy client (version 1.2.51.30) with Wine Staging 4.2 ...
It runs fine, using a clean 64-bit WINEPREFIX, with no overrides, on my system.
I was able to log into my GOG account and browse the store.

Also please, in future, use the forum Code tags to delimit blocks of terminal commands + output:

Code: Select all

You can just post terminal output here (if it's not too long: >1000 lines) - but with Code tags!
Or use any paste-bin-esque site you want...
Github Gist's are good - the Github site has support for uploading big logs.

Bob