FIXE and ERR message structure

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
rextrem

FIXE and ERR message structure

Post by rextrem »

Can anybody help me about structure of Terminal error and FIXE. Means what is the dll file, the function or anything else I could use to debug. My software is running and It looks it could work like it should except a lot of windowing and action that is not working (sound to be OLE problem). I seen a lot of fixes and error in console mode during startup and running and I think its causing all my windowing problems. I'm working with PCBSD and TRUEOS since almost 3 years now and I refuse to go back to WINDOWS, but my new management software is windows apps and... I think I will have no choice to migrate to that if its not working.

Thanks
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: FIXE and ERR message structure

Post by Bob Wya »

rextrem wrote:Can anybody help me about the mean behind err and fixme, in the Wine terminal output. My software is running and It looks it could work like it should work... However a lot of windowing and other "actions" are not working (appears to be OLE problem). I think my windowing problems are related to the Wine terminal debug output.

I've been using PCBSD/TRUEOS for almost 3 years now and I refuse to go back to Windows. However my new management software is a Windows application and... I think I will have no choice to migrate back to Windows, if its not working.
I've had to edit your message as it was pretty unreadable.
If english is not your first language, you might want to parse your message through Google Translate.
This is generally pretty good, accept for the odd technical term.

See:

Code: Select all

man wine
See: WineHQ Wiki: Wine Debug Channels.
You can use the Wiki page to "tune" the amount of debugging terminal output Wine generates.

You can check any of the err and fixme with the Wine Git Source.
Obviously you would check this code locally and use grep, etc. to check the individual messages.

The default debug channel, for a dll, is defined with:

WINE_DEFAULT_DEBUG_CHANNEL(...)
Secondary debug channels, for a dll, are defined with:

WINE_DECLARE_DEBUG_CHANNEL(...)
Typically fixme statements are stubbed functions, in Wine (i.e. not yet implemented).
err messages are output, when native Unix system libraries are missing (which Wine has been built against), etc.

Feel free to post your terminal output here, from running your Windows Management application... But please use the forum Code tags, to delimit this:

Bear in mind that most end users helping out on these forums run a Linux-based OS.

Bob