Android x86, Can't Install on Yoga Book

Questions about Wine on Android
Jaxseven

Android x86, Can't Install on Yoga Book

Post by Jaxseven »

Hello, I just purchased an Android Yoga Book and in an attempt to stretch it to its limits I was going to test Wine on it. I downloaded the latest 3.1 x86 build and when I went to install it, the installer just hung there. I have unknown sources checked of course, but for some reason hitting install does nothing. I've never had this problem before. I am running Android 7.1 and just got the tablet the other day. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
lollylops
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Android x86, Can't Install on Yoga Book

Post by lollylops »

Have you tried redownloading it? Both 3.0 and 3.1 installed fine on my Yoga Book, however I can't actually install or run anything in Wine (as per my other post).
Jaxseven

Post by Jaxseven »

I've tried installing both 3.1 and 3.0 but it's the same thing for both. I know that I can install other apks because I installed the Humble Bundle app earlier today.
lollylops
Level 1
Level 1

Post by lollylops »

And I assume you installed all the updates? To 7.1.1 ? My model number is YB1-X90F in case yours is different.

Have you tried installing the Crossover Beta for Android from the Play Store? I don't think it would make a difference, but it does have Wine in it.
Maybe give that a go although I also have problems installing things in it.
Graida

Android x86 Cant Install on Yoga Book

Post by Graida »

I've just downloaded and installed Cellica Database / Viewer on my Kindle Fire.

I've also installed and tried both the Wifi & Desktop versions on my PC and have not been able to get a SYNC connection. I've checked to be sure the firewall microsoft had the proper exceptions for the 8585 port #. I even tried turning it off. Still nothing...

where do I go next?