.NET installs in 64-bit prefixes.

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
ls_boy
Level 2
Level 2

.NET installs in 64-bit prefixes.

Post by ls_boy »

I am attempting to run Call of Duty: WWII. This video suggest that it will work. But my first try gave the error below, then quit displaying nothing on the screen.. This shows that I need .NET. But, winetricks cannot help me with 64-bit prefixes. A while ago I read an experience that someone had that fixed this. It involved extracting dlls out of cabinet files and manually moving them into the c:\windows\system(?) folder. That followed by importing some registry entries. The purpose of this post is to gather tips that we can bookmark for future reference. I keep looking.

Code: Select all

001d:err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR120_CLR0400.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\mscorsvw.exe") not found
001d:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Importing dlls for L"C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\mscorsvw.exe" failed, status c0000135
ls_boy
Level 2
Level 2

Re: .NET installs in 64-bit prefixes.

Post by ls_boy »

Here is one link.
qwertymnb
Level 4
Level 4

Re: .NET installs in 64-bit prefixes.

Post by qwertymnb »

Hi,
There shouldn`t be any workarounds needed. .Net 4.0, 4.5 4.6* and 4.7.* install fine in 64-bit WINEPREFIX. Just make sure you use latest wine and winetricks, and install in a fresh, new WINWPREFIX.