Help with Overwatch in Lutris

Questions about Wine on Linux
BRF_Offline

Help with Overwatch in Lutris

Post by BRF_Offline »

I've installed Wine and Lutris with all the required software to make Overwatch run but it just doesn't run. I've installed League of Legends through Lutris and it works perfectly fine. I've also have the latest video driver for my computer installed.

When I launch the blizzard client, it works completely fine. Then I launch Overwatch and an error message pops up: No compatible graphics hardware was found (0xE0070160). I checked which gpus were compatible with Overwatch and mine checked out since it was in the 400 series, so I believe I may have messed up somehow on installing Wine, Lutris, and its various components since I'm VERY new to Linux (we're talking like 3 days).

If I were to get help soon, I would be very grateful since Overwatch is currently free-to-play.

Specs:
GPU: Geforce GTS 450 OEM
CPU: Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.80GHz x 4
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Help with Overwatch in Lutris

Post by Bob Wya »

BRF_Offline wrote:...
Specs:
GPU: Geforce GTS 450 OEM
CPU: Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.80GHz x 4
That Nvidia card does not support Vulkan...
See: the Nvidia Vulkan beta driver release page for supported Nvidia cards.

Overwatch, without Vulkan, is not going to be a good experience on Linux... :cry:

If you want to use DXVK+Vulkan and you have some spare cash, then you are recommended to get a supported card with 4 GB(+) VRAM.
E.g. a 4Gb 1050 Ti or 6Gb 1060 (Black Friday is on now!)
I'm often hitting near the 3 Gb VRAM limit on my Geforce GTX 970M...

Bob
BRF_Offline

Post by BRF_Offline »

Thank you for replying so quickly! Means the world to me. Thank you and have a great day.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

np 8)