Does Wine for Android x86 support games?

Questions about Wine on Android
brettzx
Level 1
Level 1

Does Wine for Android x86 support games?

Post by brettzx »

I installed multiple versions of Wine x86 for Android on a Asus Zenfone Zoom (which has an Intel Atom processor) and after tinkering around, I was able to get Steam installed. Version 3.12 allowed me to install games (version 3.18 would not allow me to log in to Steam), but the games will not actually start. Steam acts as though it is launching the game, it briefly appears in the task bar and then disappears. It shows as running in Steam for less than 30 seconds and then nothing happens: no errors, no game window etc.

I was wondering, am I doing something wrong, or are most games just not supported in the Android version yet? I think I saw a mention somewhere else that DirectX is not fully supported yet in the Android release, so is this the issue?

I should also mention I have no experience whatsoever with Linux, and this is the first time I have used Wine.

Any help with this question is appreciated, or any direction to an Android specific guide for Wine would be great too (most of the info on Wine HQ seems geared towards the Linux/Mac versions).
brettzx
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Does Wine for Android x86 support games?

Post by brettzx »

Update, I was able to install and run Wolfenstein 3D via Steam (it probably works because the game installs DOSBox to run in Windows). It was pretty fun to be playing an actual Steam game on a smartphone! Hacker's Keyboard allowed me to interact with the game, along with simulated mouse clicks via the touchscreen.