Need some help installing Rift with Wine

Questions about Wine on Linux
Zumvault

Post by Zumvault »

I've recently decided to install Rift on my laptop, I'm running on Xenial.

So far I've installed Wine and I've installed Winetricks.

Using winecfg in the terminal I've set it to Windows 7, and in the staging options I've got CSMT, VAAPI, and EAX checked, those are the only modifications I've made to it.

In winetricks I went into the Install a Windows or DLL component and all of the installed options are;
d3dx10

d3dx9
d3dx9_26
d3dx9_28
d3dx9_31
d3dx9_35
d3dx9_36
d3dx9_39
d3dx9_42
d3dx9_43

devenum

directx9

dxdiag
dxdiagn

quartz

vcrun2008
vcrun2010
vcrun2012

xact
xact_jun2010
xinput

I think that covers all of the installed Windows/DLL components, and as for the remaining settings on everything I don't think I changed anything in the rest of the options.

As for the issue I've had with Rift installation, Glyph installed without issue, but when it comes to RIFT is when I encounter the issue that has stumped me. I start the download/installation of RIFT and it makes it nearly to the point where it says it's playable. Then I get a popup saying that Glyph.exe has encountered a serious issue and once I close that popup it's followed by one from the glyph client saying that it's encountered an error, specifically error 1026.

I've gone through a few different guides and howtos trying to figure everything out as I'm fairly new to linux and am not as familiar as I would like. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that I've messed some things up and need to reinstall everything and start from scratch, which I'm A Ok with if it needs to happen.
Zumvault

Post by Zumvault »

I'm attempting to install RIFT using Wine, but I've repeatedly encountered an error during RIFT installation before it makes it to the stage of being playable I encounter Error 1026 in glyph, preceding that pop-up is a pop-up from outside of glyph that says that glyph has encountered a serious error.

Any and all help is appreciated, I'm new to Linux as well as Wine. Currently I believe I'm running the Xenial version of ubuntu but I'm open to changing to some other linux based os assuming it's better suited for gaming as that's my primary goal with my laptop.

I'm aware that windows is far better suited for gaming, but until I've got the funds to purchase a new laptop (my current one isn't really worth buying an OS for) I'm looking to set this one up for some less intensive gaming, my hope is to be able to run RIFT relatively well. Thanks in advance for any and all advice or assistance.