Help with Materialize.

Questions about Wine on Linux
DaedalJS

Help with Materialize.

Post by DaedalJS »

i'm looking for help getting Materialize to work.
http://www.boundingboxsoftware.com/mate ... /index.php

i'm using linux mint for a while to see if some of the issues i was having are actually hardware errors in spite of how all other testing of my hardware indicates that it's not.
i know for sure it can work in wine as it did work perfectly well in antergos.
i had to install some fonts using winetricks but i'm not sure what other things i had installed before.

the application was also recently released as opensource.
it may end up ported to linux sooner or later but since i know it's possible for it to work in wine i wanted to get it back up and going.
it's quite useful for my hobbies. (3d modeling)
here's a link to the github if that'd help.
https://github.com/BoundingBoxSoftware/Materialize
it's created using Unity but it's not really a strait up "use unity to build it for linux" sort of thing unless i did something wrong there when i tried that.

right now when i run it the UI and text works but it's all just over a black screen. none of the 3d displays.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Help with Materialize.

Post by Bob Wya »

DaedalJS wrote:i'm looking for help getting Materialize to work.
http://www.boundingboxsoftware.com/mate ... /index.php

i'm using linux mint for a while to see if some of the issues i was having are actually hardware errors in spite of how all other testing of my hardware indicates that it's not.
i know for sure it can work in wine as it did work perfectly well in antergos.
i had to install some fonts using winetricks but i'm not sure what other things i had installed before.

the application was also recently released as opensource.
it may end up ported to linux sooner or later but since i know it's possible for it to work in wine i wanted to get it back up and going.
it's quite useful for my hobbies. (3d modeling)
here's a link to the github if that'd help.
https://github.com/BoundingBoxSoftware/Materialize
it's created using Unity but it's not really a strait up "use unity to build it for linux" sort of thing unless i did something wrong there when i tried that.

right now when i run it the UI and text works but it's all just over a black screen. none of the 3d displays.
So I had quick play about with the Materialize application.

Ha, ha... I can get some of the graphics to display (with either DXVK or wined3d) - but not the text!
Possibly not all of the graphics - due to some D3D11 errors in the logs (missing features).
But I can spin a 3D oblong thing around with my mouse, in the application window... 8)

There are tonnes of problems with Unity (Windows version), running under Wine.
So it's probably related to an already an open Wine bug.

Bob
TechRancher

Post by TechRancher »

I am using Linux Ubuntu 18.04 and can not get the text to display on Materialize. I have checked the box in .exe file that states: executing files as a program, but I am still not seeing any text. All the buttons and cards are being displayed by you can't see anything in the cards. There is a color background like the tutorial also is showing on their screen.
Materialize_Screenshot
Materialize_Screenshot
Materialize_Screenshot.png (42.31 KiB) Viewed 2176 times
Does anyone have any ideas for getting it to work?
Cammymoop

Post by Cammymoop »

I had the same issue, I installed it in wine in PlayOnLinux and used the "Install components" menu to install "Microsoft Core Fonts" and now the text works
Brunosq

Post by Brunosq »

Followed the advice by Cammymoop. Used PlayOnLinux and installed Microsoft Core Font and now it works. Tanks for the advice my friend =)
leoplaw

Post by leoplaw »

winetricks allfonts

worked for me, it installed whatever fonts were needed and now Materialze loads with the required fonts.

Installing the fonts via PlayOnLinux, however did not work for me.